Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2018 Summer Internship - Corporate Partnership Activation
Sporting Kansas City’s Corporate Partnership Activation Intern will hold a temporary position within the company, with an emphasis on training and gathering practical experience in corporate partnerships for a professional sports organization. The Corporate Partnership Activations Intern will gain hands-on experience working with the Corporate Partnerships Team, collaborating in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help all interns evolve their capabilities, challenge their strengths and reach their fullest potential.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and the Sporting Club organization on game day and at other various out-of-office promotional events.
- Provide assistance in the office with any partner day-to-day responsibilities.
- Responsible for game day setup and takedown of activation elements.
- Complete the pre-game staging of partner giveaways and collateral.
- Assist with the distribution of sponsor deliverables pre and post-game.
- Assist with the execution of Sporting Kansas City’s halftime production.
- Setup and breakdown occasional outside events.
- Assist with outside player and market appearances.
- Perform various game day duties with the Corporate Partnerships Team.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Resourceful and proactive attitude.
- Demonstrate high levels of leadership, confidence and innovation.
- High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management.
- Ability to take direction.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative.
- Customer service oriented.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Sports Marketing and Management, Business, Communications or other related field required.
- Previous coursework or desire to learn and understand the application of effective corporate partnerships.
- Awareness of sports industry development.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent bending, pulling and stooping.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
This is an educational, unpaid internship. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?
Please describe how you stand apart from your peers in the areas of leadership, confidence, and innovation.