Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Vice President, Finance with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Oversee the day-to-day activities for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, which includes responsibility for accounting, tax, forecasting and strategic planning, contract analysis and negotiation, managing third-party institutions, and owner relations.
- Direct the accounting for Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates, as well as provide strategic financial leadership and support for any issues affecting the economics of the organization.
- Lead the Accounting Team by providing direction and resources necessary to meet organizational, team and individual objectives.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as necessary, to reconcile actual financial results and operating activities of the business compared to the plan, utilizing Workday financials.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial and operating metric dashboard reports to the Executive Team and Ownership.
- Responsible for monitoring daily cash flow and treasury management functions.
- Oversee the activities of accounts payable and receivable, ensuring the accurate and timely management of components such as billings and collections, cash receipts application, funding services management, federal and state reports, etc.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Responsible for corporate income tax compliance, assuring the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns, compliance with existing tax incentive strategies and identifying new strategies to optimize the company’s tax situation.
- Develop and continuously evaluate the short and long-term strategic financial objectives, which include a five-year financial forecast and related financing strategy, as well as recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance.
- Establish and update operational metrics used to measure the performance of critical activities of the business.
- Complete analysis and track performance of all contracts or third-party relationships that have an economic relationship with the company.
- Maintain and manage relationships with certain economically important third-party institutions, including, but not limited to, lending partners, important clients and vendors, Major League Soccer, United Soccer League, and government institutions.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and required information technology systems.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Host and also engage with visiting dignitaries, owner and team special guests, potential and existing sponsors
- Required to attend all Sporting Kansas City home games.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with associates, Team Leads, Executives and Ownership.
- Analytical thinking skills and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Professional appearance and attitude, as well as ability to work with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of prior accounting or finance experience, preferably in a strong leadership role.
- Strong understanding of business and accounting principles.
- Proficient in Workday Financials or other similar software preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Associate will be required to travel.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and game days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have access to reliable personal transportaiton?
Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Describe why you are the best candidate for this position.
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Do you hold a current CPA certification?