Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Soccer Camp Coach with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Each day of camp, Camp Coaches must assist the Camp Site Manager and Camp Site Technical Director in carrying out the day to day operations of each camp site as assigned. These duties may include, but are not limited to, setting up camp drills, sorting equipment, checking kids into camp, distributing awards, and handing out supplies.
- Study and learn the Sounders FC 2020 Summer Camp Curriculum.
- Effectively carry out the lesson plans as outlined in the curriculum, teaching kids accordingly based on their age level.
- Help monitor inclement weather and/or physically unsafe camp conditions, reporting observations as necessary to the Youth Camp Site Manager or Technical Director.
- Be vigilant in monitoring assigned campers and the general camp location for any concerns or potentially dangerous circumstances, as outlined the curriculum.
- Oversee the safety of assigned Campers, ensuring they are behaving and playing in a safe manner that will avoid injury.
- Assist the Camp Site Technical Director in setting up camp and closing camp each day, which may include displaying promotional materials, organizing equipment, and handing out prizes.
- Help the Youth Camp Site Manager sign children in and out of soccer camp each day.
- Manage assigned Campers by keeping them quiet and under control while the Youth Camp Site Technical Director is addressing the group each day.
- Be cordial and respectful when interacting with parents at camp.
- Direct any and all complaints to the Youth Camp Site Technical Director in a calm and respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with children.
- A positive attitude; enthusiastic and motivational.
- Extremely punctual.
- In-depth knowledge of the soccer, to effectively teach the sport to beginners.
- Able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities.
- Ability to move and transport various types of soccer equipment.
- Premier level soccer playing experience required.
- College playing experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience in childcare and/or youth coaching strongly preferred.
- Minimum “E” Coaching License or equivalent preferred.
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certificates.
- 95% of the work will be performed in an outdoor environment.
- Must be comfortable standing for long periods of time, and occasionally lifting items that are 25+ pounds.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 18 hours a week.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 22 and August 28.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from local camp locations.
How did you hear about this job?
Describe your soccer experience - how long and at what levels have you played? Coached?
What (if any) coaching licenses do you currently hold?
Do you reside in the greater Seattle area (or will you this summer)?
Are you available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 22 and August 28? (Mandatory.)
Would you be available to coach our Spring Break Camp April 13-17? (Not required, but we are also looking for Spring Break Coaches!)