Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Camp Site Technical Director with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
TITLE: Youth Camp Site Technical Director
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Programs
REPORTS TO: Manager of Soccer Programs
FLSA STATUS: Hourly; Full-Time Seasonal
Sounders FC Youth Summer Camps provide a fun atmosphere and soccer coaching instruction for kids ages 3-16. Sounders FC Youth Camp Site Technical Directors are responsible for the direct oversight of individual camp site locations, as assigned each week. This role is the direct contact between Sounders FC and the site location, providing feedback on camp operations and Camp Coach and Camp Site Manager performance.
Youth Camp Site Technical Directors are responsible for announcing and explaining the technical and tactical topic each day at camp to the camp participants. Additionally, Youth Camp Site Technical Directors ensure all Sounders FC Camp Coaches are following the camp curriculum and methodology based on the age groups they are overseeing. The Camp Site Technical Director may be asked at times to provide coaching for various age groups and programs throughout the summertime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Implementation of Sounders FC Curriculum and Methodology
- Supervise Camp Site Managers and Camp Coaches, ensuring Sounders FC curriculum, methodology and system organization are properly taught and followed. Effectively explain curriculum and correct Camp Coaches as needed.
- Display a complete support of curriculum, methodology, and system organization always.
- If short staffed, provide coaching to Youth Campers to players in the U6 to U16 age range in accordance with Sounders curriculum and methodology.
- Supervise the Camp Site Manager carrying out daily operations of camp, including the check in and out process, equipment organization, and handing out of prizes – assisting as needed.
- May be assigned to drive a company vehicle in order to drop off equipment to camp site each day.
- Address the group on daily topic and activities.
- Survey camp sites daily for potential hazards. Escalate issues to Manager/Director of Soccer Programs as necessary.
- Implement and oversee all camp safety procedures and protocols to ensure that all Camp Coaches safety procedures and protocols.
- Address escalated issues regarding Youth Campers, ensuring their behavior is always under control and they behaving in a manner to avoid injury.
- Act as the highest level of on-site contact for escalated customer service issues, being cordial and respectful when dealing with parents, fellow coaches and camp participants.
- Act as the first line of customer service for more technical questions about camp operations and the Sounders FC Camps curriculum.
- Be a knowledgeable and positive ambassador for Sounders FC.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skill, Qualities, and/or Ability
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly to various stakeholders, including coaching staff and the club’s Manager of Soccer Programs.
- Extremely punctual, reliable, and meticulously organized.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the game of soccer.
- Ability to effectively learn and carry out communicated processes and procedures (i.e. the Sounders FC Youth Camp Curriculum), and in turn effectively explain it to the Camp Managers and Camp Coaches.
- Demonstrated ability to teach techniques, tactics, physical and psychological components of soccer.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and educate youth players and youth coaching staff.
- A minimum of three (3) years of premier level coaching experience required.
- USSF “C” license required. USSF “B” license or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Premier level soccer playing experience required.
- Professional playing experience preferred.
- Youth Soccer Director role experience preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED Certified (by first day of employment).
- Some experience in childcare or oversight of youths preferred but not required.
- Washington state driver license required (by first day of employment). Must also satisfactorily pass a driving record check, as individuals in this role must be eligible to drive company vehicles and assist in taking equipment to and from camp site locations.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment
- 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Position requires standing on feet for long periods of time and some physical exertion.
- Must be able to move and transport various types of soccer equipment and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 31 hours a week.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 22 and August 28.
- Must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon
How did you hear about this job?
Please describe your soccer playing and coaching experience.