Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Video Production Intern
Seattle Sounders FC
Communications/Community Relations: Broadcast Production
Job Title: Video Production Intern
Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Video Production Manager
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Seattle Sounders FC is seeking a multi-talented videographer who enjoys variety in his/her editing work, can manage multiple priorities, and shoot and edit video for various channels. The Video Production Intern will serve as an internal videographer capturing and editing footage for all things Sounders FC during the 2018 season – including, but not limited to, training sessions, matchdays, digital and social, broadcast, in-game presentation, corporate partners, community, ticket sales and more. This individual must be a self-starter with an understanding of the professional sports landscape and type of content it requires. He/she will interface with multiple internal stakeholders and must be comfortable taking video briefs from start to finish, soliciting feedback and managing expectations during the creative process. In addition, this person will contribute to larger video concept ideas for content across multiple channels and other duties as assigned by the Video Production Manager and Video Production Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Cover all training sessions for Sounders FC at club’s training facility
· Produce, shoot and edit video content for various club departments as well as external stakeholders
· Shoot match footage at all home matches for Sounders FC and select Academy matches
· Fulfill internal corporate partnership, ticket sales and community video requests with a focus on creating video content that helps achieve the business goals of the club
· Upload and publish videos to club’s content management system
· Manage internal video archives including broadcast melts and match footage
· Set-up lighting and sound for interviews/studio shoots
· Create motion graphics to enhance video features
· Manage file distribution to outside partners including MLS, Univision
· Upload and publish videos on club’s CMS, YouTube and MLS box
· Ensure quality control of all video assets submitted for Sounders FC and partner use
· Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule with both regular business hours and evening/weekends for events as needed
· Assist the Digital & Production team at all Sounders FC home matches during the 2018 season
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Broadcasting or Communications
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in the video production field
· Previous experience working for a team, covering sports and / or shooting interviews preferred
· Motion graphics production skillset preferred
· Previous experience in a professional / business office setting a plus
· Experience implementing short-form videos for social and digital channels
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
· Familiarity with primary social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and understanding of video trends on each
· Familiarity with shooting with digital cinema cameras (SONY, Canon)
· Creative recognition of platform-specific content for social
· Ambitious, proactive, self-starter
· Ability to exercise mature judgment, dependability, and professionalism always
· Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments; meet tight deadlines and multi-task
· Proven ability to collaborate with account teams, creative agencies, vendors and clients
· General knowledge of soccer, MLS and its clubs
· Must have reliable means of transportation
· Ability to work all Sounders FC matches home matches during the 2018 season
· Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement preferred
This position functions both at the Sounders FC training facility in Tukwila, WA and at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA. Must have reliable means of transportation. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work evenings and weekends, including match days. Responsibilities may require standing on feet for long periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a video reel to send us?