Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Video Production Assistant with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
Job Title: Video Production Assistant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Video Content
Department: Creative (Marketing)
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Hourly ; Seasonal
When you join Sounders FC you join a Family. A giant, inclusive, soccer-loving Family rooted in the best soccer city in America. Here we average nearly 40,000 fans per match, recently attracting over 69,000 fans as we won the 2019 MLS Cup here in Seattle. Our club exists to create special moments like these, where we enrich lives and unify our fans and city through soccer.
The club’s Creative team is looking for a multi-talented videographer that enjoys variety in their editing works and is looking to grow their skill set through fulfilling part-time work. In this role you need to be able to manage multiple priorities as you will be shooting and editing video for various channels, serving as an internal videographer capturing and editing footage for all things Sounders FC during the 2020 season – including, but not limited to, training sessions, matchdays, community events, broadcast, in-game presentation, corporate partners, and more.
You must be a proactive, self-starter with an understanding of the professional sports landscape and type of content it requires. You will interface with multiple internal stakeholders and must be comfortable taking video briefs from start to finish, soliciting feedback, and managing expectations during the creative process. In addition, you will help contribute to larger video concept ideas for content across multiple channels and other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Video Content and Coordinator, Video Production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cover all training sessions for Sounders FC at club’s training facility. Duties to include shooting training footage of team, capturing media interviews of players and coaches and capturing any additional video requests.
- Assist the video production team at all Sounders FC home matches during the 2020 season. Duties include shooting the matchday experience from player arrivals, march to the match, game action, fan engagement, media availability.
- Collaborate with Community Outreach and RAVE Foundation on covering external community and player events (e.g. Rave Green Run, RAVE Fields, STRIKES with Sounders, MLS Works, Kick Childhood Cancer).
- Produce, shoot and edit video content for various club departments as well as external stakeholders.
- Fulfill internal corporate partnership, ticket sales and community video requests with a focus on creating video content that helps achieve the business goals of the club.
- Upload and publish videos to club’s CMS, YouTube and MLS Box accounts.
- Manage internal video archives including broadcast melts and match footage.
- Set-up lighting and sound for interviews/studio shoots.
- Create motion graphics to enhance video features.
- Ensure quality control of all video assets submitted for Sounders FC and partner use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ambitious, proactive, a self-starter.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, dependability, and professionalism always.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments; meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- An excellent relationship builder, with the ability to interact with various stakeholders both internally and externally – including Sounders FC business staff, technical staff, and players.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Creative recognition of platform-specific content for social.
- Proven ability to collaborate with account teams, creative agencies, vendors and clients.
- General knowledge of soccer, MLS and its clubs.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule that includes both regular business hours and evening/weekends for all Sounders FC 2020 home matches and some events as needed.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Broadcasting or Communications
- A minimum of one years’ experience in the video production field.
- Previous experience working for a team, covering sports and / or shooting interviews strongly preferred.
- Motion graphics production skill set preferred.
- Previous experience in a professional / business office setting a plus.
- Experience implementing short-form videos for social and digital channels.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with primary social channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and understanding of video trends on each.
- Familiarity with shooting with digital cinema cameras (SONY, Canon).
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment
- Must be available to work 18+ Sounders FC home matches at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, WA/
- This position will function at both the Sounders FC training facility at Starfire Sports in Tukwila, WA and at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA.
- Must have reliable means of transportation in order to attend training sessions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Have you included a demo reel with your application? Please note this is mandatory.