Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Video Analyst with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Technical Services: Audio/Video Editing and Production
TITLE: Video Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Analytics
REPORTS TO: Director of Soccer Analytics
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
2019 MLS Cup Champion, Seattle Sounders FC, is seeking a Video Analyst to record, analyze, and provide video clips of all first team training sessions and matches. This role will collaborate with multiple departments in order to further first team performance and on-field results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, manage, and execute a comprehensive video analysis program to provide video feedback of all training sessions and matches.
- Create a process and manage all technology (Hi Pods, drones etc.) by which all training sessions can be recorded; Attend all training sessions in order to utilize this technology on-site.
- Work with assistant coaches to aid in the creation of next opponent video presentations.
- Work in coordination with the first team Performance Analyst to aid the General Manager in evaluating potential scouting targets.
- Live code all first team home and away matches and provide requested clips to the coaching staff at half-time and during the match.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Experience, Skill and/or Ability:
- Proficiency in handling large video files and managing a database.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
- Organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated professionalism, punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including all Sounders FC matches.
- Data analysis experience, including:
- Experience with data analysis tools.
- Statistics and ability to code programming languages (python, R, or others).
- A passion for soccer and Sounders FC.
Required Computer Skills
- Proficiency in software such as Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Multiple years of experience with SportsCode and HUDL platform
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of experience as a video analyst or a similar role with a professional soccer team.
- Coaching experience and certifications a plus.
Special Remarks Regarding Work Environment
- Travel estimated to be 40%. Includes traveling with the team to pre-season and all away matches.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC matches.
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC training facility, Starfire Sports, in Tukwila, WA.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Responsibilities include regular work outdoors and may require standing on feet for long periods of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?