Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle, WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle, WA
Accounting and Finance: Financial/Data Analyst
TITLE: Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for producing accurate and timely financial forecasts for use by external and internal audiences. The Analyst manages the annual budgeting process, rolling forecasts, and ad hoc scenario analysis. The Analyst produces useful reports for decision-makers and provides insight into Team’s operations and identifies opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, operational metrics tracking for the club.
- Analyze financial data to create models for decision support and provide business recommendations.
- Review inefficiencies and discrepancies; make recommendations for process improvements.
- Be the expert user of the club’s financial forecasting software, Adaptive, in order to build and expand the club’s financial planning structure, as well as to train others on how to effectively utilize the system.
- Maintain a rolling set of key financial forecasts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Be a leader in integrating data sources from internal and external sources into the club’s information systems
- Create a financial reporting infrastructure and produce internal reports.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Own the planning process and execution of the club’s annual budgeting process.
- Assist in the execution of game day and other business events as necessary.
- Model the Sounders FC Vision and Values in all interactions with teammates, partners, vendors, and fans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, skill and/or ability:
- Financial modeling experience
- Proven analytic and quantitative decision-making skills
- Report building/creation and presentation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with an exceptional degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask and meet changing timelines
- Professional demeanor, able to maintain confidentiality
- Experience preparing investor presentations
- Experience solving system integration problems
- Experience with consolidation of multiple entities
Required computer skills
- Adaptive or other financial planning software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Tableau or other presentation software
- Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software
- B.A. from accredited institution and 4+ years relevant experience; M.B.A. preferred
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be 5 %. Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC home matches.
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary expectations for this role?