Job Title: RAVE Foundation Summer Intern
Department: RAVE Foundation
Reports To: RAVE Foundation Coordinator
Status: For School Credit; Variable Hours
Duration: Summer 2018
RAVE Foundation is the official charitable arm of Seattle Sounders FC, and believes that soccer is a vehicle to empower and inspire. RAVE removes barriers to participation on and off the soccer field, while supporting and strengthening our local communities.
The RAVE Foundation Summer Internship is for the primary benefit of a candidate who is studying sports marketing, business development, or foundation / non-profit management. During this Internship the selected candidate will learn how to execute the vision of a non-profit through community outreach and sports marketing opportunities. Additionally, this candidate will gain valuable insight and hands on experience surrounding the day-to-day activities, funding, and running of a Foundation. This Internship is unpaid, but entitles the Intern to academic credit upon completion. There is no guarantee of full-time employment at the end of this program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn how to develop and execute a diverse fundraising and marketing strategy for a nonprofit organization by creating a RAVE blog and all related content - including a social media marketing campaign for promoting the RAVE blog and growing readership
- Gain event planning and project management experience by participating in the planning and execution of all summertime RAVE events; including sitting in on meetings and discussion with both internal and external stakeholders
- Learn how to create a sponsorship communication strategy and how to develop fulfillment plans for sponsors, vendors, and outside clients
· Intern will have the opportunity to meet with internal and external stakeholders in order to learn about their roles in relation to RAVE Foundation and the sports industry in general
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university (sports marketing, business management, or non-profit / community outreach management focus preferred)
· Must be able to receive academic credit for Internship
· Bilingual or multi-lingual skills a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Reliable, responsible, organized and detail-oriented
· Innovative and creative thinker
· Dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable personality
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative, a fast-paced environment
· Ability to think critically under pressure
· Availability to work some nights, weekends, and home matches as necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Responsibilities may require standing on feet for long periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will work primarily from the Seattle Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, intern must be able to work during some evenings and weekends, including all Sounders FC match days that fall within the duration of the internship. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification document form upon hire.