Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Membership Engagement Representative with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
TITLE: Membership Engagement Representative
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales & Service
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Membership Engagement
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
Sounders FC Membership Engagement Representatives are positive, upbeat individuals who genuinely enjoy getting to know our Season Members, in order to assist in the long-term retention and growth of this fan demographic. These individuals also act as the primary touchpoint for all general fan inquiries, providing excellent customer service in all fan interactions. This role will also be responsible for meeting or exceeding all pre-determined individual and department service and sales performance goals.
Membership Engagement Representatives truly embrace the club’s mission to create moments, enrich lives and unify through soccer by providing world class service to our fans and Season Members, in order to not only excite them now, but encourage them to continue their support of Seattle Sounders FC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibility of answering and monitoring the General Customer Service and Season Member phone lines and email to assist Member purchases and related fan inquiries.
- Help improve year over year Season Member experience and retention rates while actively working toward meeting the department renewal goals by providing first class customer service.
- Internally communicate common customer feedback to help initiate changes and improve fan experience.
- Respond to and resolve fan complaints, requests, and inquiries via the telephone and in person; handling difficult clients and situations in a calm and professional manner, ensuring that each client interaction results in increased loyalty to the team.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding new business sales goals, through identifying opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers
- Educate season ticket members on membership benefits and maximize ticket usage.
- Update and maintain accurate records in CRM regarding all renewals, touch points and sales.
- Assist in the execution of customized Season Member programs, benefits and events to drive loyalty and create moments.
- Match day duties to include seat visits to Season Members, executing membership events and match day experiences, managing customer service outlets including the Box Office and phone lines, and addressing any Season Member problems or concerns and more, as assigned
- Execute Membership retention and renewal process each season.
- Coordinate with all departments to better enhance the fan’s match day experience.
- Model the Sounders FC Vision and Values in all interactions with teammates, partners, vendors, and fans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill and/or ability
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication style and interact with multiple personalities and stakeholders.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to function in fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm and collected in pressure situations.
- Proactive, with the initiative to act upon information given.
- A team player.
- An active listener with the ability to empathize during conversation.
- Positive, upbeat, resilient.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing conditions.
Required computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with ticket operations system, development application or other relational database
- Knowledge of Seat Geek and Microsoft Dynamic CRM preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution
- 1+ years of experience in a sales, service, or guest relations-oriented role
- Demonstrated work experience in a professional sports or college athletics environment, including involvement with high-profile events
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including all Sounders FC home matches.
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?