Matchday Graphic Designer (Part-Time) - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle · WA)
- Conceptualize and design social graphics, marketing campaigns, promotional elements, digital communications, web design, print collateral and other initiatives under direction of the Design Manager.
- Ideate and execute content collaboratively with Digital and Social Media teams.
- In collaboration with design counterparts, work with Marketing, Sales & Service, Corporate Partnerships, Social Impact to ensure all design needs are met.
- Execute various tasks on matchdays and support club initiatives and special projects as needed, including special events.
- Work collaboratively to receive and apply feedback in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Manage assigned work in a timely manner within the Wrike project management system.
- Strong eye and knowledge for digital design trends
- Works quickly and efficiently with keen attention to detail on tight deadlines
- Skilled multi-tasker who can assist with real-time creation of graphics and occasionally GIFs for coverage of first team’s matches
- Desire to reach new heights and set standards in digital design
- Can implement unique designs within standard templates
- Experience with creating compelling Instagram Stories is ideal
- Produce high quality work without the oversight of a design manager
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects
- A team player and strong communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment, with proven ability to interact and brainstorm concepts within a team setting
- Willingness to receive creative and constructive criticism in order to produce a high-quality product
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Wrike Project Management tool
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required, preferably in graphic design
- Minimum one to two (1-2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in sports marketing
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Portfolio demonstrating a good eye for composition, creativity, color and legibility
- Experience in web design with layout for email, web and social media graphics
- Experience creating motion graphics, specifically in Adobe After Effects or Photoshop a plus
- Available nights and weekends
- Must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Must be able to facilitate own local travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
- Passionate for working in soccer and sports
- Understands, or can quickly learn, the club’s history, the North American soccer scene, and MLS
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your hourly pay expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.