TITLE: Matchday and Events Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
REPORTS TO: Operations Coordinator
ROLE TYPE: Part-Time, Hourly
SCHEDULE: 5-10 hours per week on Sounders FC matchdays and events
When you join Sounders FC you join a soccer-loving, socially progressive, ambitious Club rooted in the best soccer city in America. We have one of the most passionate sports fan bases in North America who are invested in the Sounders as much for our commitment to making a positive impact in our communities as they are for our winning traditions having been in the playoffs every year since our MLS debut in 2009.
The Matchday and Events Assistant will help our club create and achieve special moments for Sounders FC and Tacoma Defiance Season Members and fans by assisting with matchday operations and game presentation needs and other events at Lumen Field, Starfire Sports Complex and off-site Sounders FC events. We need individuals who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help wherever needed – particularly with in-stadium activations, initiatives, and programming that achieve both club and partner goals. As ambassadors of Sounders FC, we look to Matchday and Events Assistants have a positive and lasting impression on our fan base. There will also be opportunities to assist with other Sounders events throughout the season, not held on Matchdays.
In addition to gaining experience and insight into sports operations, Matchday Assistants will also have the opportunity to participate in networking events with Sounders FC and other industry professionals and invitations to SFC communicate events. We’ll work with each Assistant to learn more about their career interests to tailor additional experiences while working with the club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general operational and promotion support on Sounders FC and Defiance matchdays, to support club and partner initiatives and priorities while providing excellent customer service to fans
- Assist with the execution of matchday programming and logistical elements – including, but not limited to:
o Work Matchday giveaways
o Support the club with vaccine verification
o Work with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to ensure all activations and programming is accurately staged and set-up.
o Execute RAVE Foundation, Corporate Partnership, and/or Social Impact activations as assigned.
o Provide basic photography needs to record assets.
o Set up matchday signage and advertising boards
o Support Game Presentation elements and programming.
o Assist with Box Office/Ticket Operation needs.
- Assist with Sounders FC events, not held on matchday for any department needing assistance. Potential Departments: Marketing, Membership Services, RAVE Foundation, Social Impact, Corporate Partnerships, Business Operations
o Potential Responsibilities:
o Set up and take down of events
o Work activations/activities during the events
o Engage with and welcome fans to the event
o Be an expert on everything Sounders FC; ready to answer questions/provide great service
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- 1+ years of customer service or event operations experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a standard background check.
- Upbeat attitude and professional demeaner.
- Excellent communicator.
- Team oriented; able to successfully collaborate with various teams and individuals.
- A problem solver, with ability to make quick judgement calls in stressful situations.
- Enthusiasm for, and some working knowledge of, soccer, Sounders FC, and MLS preferred.
Must be available to work the majority of Sounders FC 2022 home matches. Schedule is here.
Must be available to work the majority of Defiance 2022 home matches. Schedule is here.
- Employee must live in the greater Seattle area and have reliable means of transportation.
- Employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and operate in in accordance with league and state COVID-19 protocols.
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift 20+ pounds and be comfortable standing on feet for multiple hours at a time.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please contact the Sounders HR department with any questions.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.