Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Senior Coordinator / Manager, Marketing
Seattle Sounders FC
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
Job Title: Senior Coordinator / Manager, Marketing
Reports To: Senior Manager, Marketing
FLSA Status: Salary,Exempt
Seattle Sounders FC is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, forward-thinking Marketing Manager who will play a pivotal role in executing internal and external marketing initiatives to drive customer acquisition and retention and further brand awareness.
Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager of Marketing this individual will play an essential role in campaign planning, advertising, media partnerships, name capture, email marketing, lifecycle marketing, and customer analytics reporting, among other duties. This position will also work closely with our Business Strategy & Development team, to analyze data in order to implement and develop high impact paid ads, digital content, and email segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following and other duties as assigned)
- Develop and implement advertising strategy across channels and platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google AdWords, and YouTube
- Provide creative direction to Design and/or Video departments for the assets required within the campaign, including motion graphics and videos
- Manage advertising partnerships with broadcast, print and radio vendors
- Lead marketing segmentation strategy, leveraging all data points available with a focus on optimization across all paid marketing communications channels
- Compile and analyze past and current campaigns and promotional efforts to develop strategies for new promotions and more effective ways to market and reach targeted audiences
- Work closely with Ticket Operations and VP, Revenue on CRM integrations, data feeds and evolution of the Data Warehouse to better serve the marketing department
- Identify opportunities to cultivate relationships with key customer segments, determining the appropriate lifecycle touchpoints through the season
- Implement robust analytics reporting, help lead A/B testing and adoption of marketing best practices from other industries
- Lead development of departmental campaign recaps and analysis, using data to evaluate key performance indicators
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing team on visual identity and brand voice to determine appropriate look and feel for customer-facing initiatives
- Manage email marketing for Sounders FC including creation, calendar/scheduling, execution and external vendor relationship
- Lead the organization in email best practices and help determine the appropriate future channels to reach key fans such as mobile apps, social and how those data segments connect to CRM
- Utilize Scarborough and other analytics elements to drive customer touchpoint decisions across the business
- Manage assets and installation process for stadium signage and other print materials
- Manage other internal initiatives as needed such as in-stadium assets, print, and digital advertising (i.e. Sponsor initiatives)
- Assist marketing department on other initiatives as needed, including, but not limited to, advertising campaigns, marketing promotions, events, vendor management, game presentation, digital and social marketing
- Contribute to the marketing team’s overall strategy and success in team meetings, cross-department meetings, etc.
- Coordinate invoices and payment scheduling to vendors
- Execute various tasks on matchdays as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferably in business, marketing or communications
- 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in sports marketing
- Experience developing and tracking multichannel marketing campaigns
- Analytical thinker, passionate about the integration of data into day-to-day marketing operations and understanding the “why” behind results
- Extremely well-organized with ability to maintain multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Metrics-oriented with ability to focus on measuring campaign performance and finding ways to improve results
- Independent and proactive by nature, a self-starter who can deal with ambiguity
- Strong written communication skills, with ability to write for multiple platforms and audiences
- Experienced in leveraging data and analytics to identify trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, unafraid to tackle new projects
- Innovative thinker, able to contribute ideas and participate in marketing efforts in the department and across the organization
- Great communicator, polished and professional in presentation and able to work with multiple stakeholders and personalities
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Passion for soccer and general knowledge of MLS and Sounders FC preferred
- Able to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, holidays and Sounders matchdays
- Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position functions primarily out of the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA. Must have reliable means of transportation. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work evenings and weekends, including match days. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to work for Sounders FC?