Head of Soccer Analytics - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle · WA)
When you join Sounders FC you join a soccer-loving, socially progressive, ambitious Club rooted in the best soccer city in America. We have one of the most passionate sports fan bases in North America who are invested in the Sounders as much for our commitment to making a positive impact in our communities as they are for our winning traditions having been in the playoffs every year since our MLS debut in 2009.
- Work with the scouting team and front-office to help identify and analyze player targets for recruitment
- Analyze the Sounders team performance week to week & periodically to aid coaching team on team development and structure decisions
- Analyze opponents’ performance and create scouting reports to prepare coaching staff for upcoming matches
- Build and extend the analytics infrastructure to support the Tacoma Defiance reserve team and the Academy teams
- Maintain legacy and active databases while continuing to evolve algorithms and new data
- Manage relationships with vendors and data providers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience managing soccer analytics at a professional club
- Strong coding experience required; Python and/or Rstats modeling
- Strong proficiency with data visualization software like Tableau
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large datasets like optical tracking data
- Experience working with relational databases like SQL Server and Cloud based data infrastructure
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively translate data to stakeholders.
- Ability to build trust, influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within the club
- This position will primarily work from the Sounders FC training facility at Starfire Sports in Tukwila, WA.
- Must be available to attend all Sounders matches and training sessions.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Employee must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Employee must be able to facilitate own local travel.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.