Job Title: Group Sales Representative (Group Experience Consultant)
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports To: Manager of Group Experiences
FLSA Status: Salary, Non-Exempt
Seattle Sounders FC is searching for a self-driven and motivated individual to join our group sales team. The ideal candidate is competitive and motivated to exceed all ticket sales and renewal goals presented by management. We are looking for a team member who strives to be the best and is committed to the long-term growth of the ticket base of Sounders FC.
Responsible for generating revenue by identifying new business prospects and selling all ticket products. Responsible for the service, support and maintenance of assigned customer accounts and meeting all pre-determined individual and department sales and service performance goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Achieve established sales objectives by executing sales calls and meetings with group ticket prospects
· Identify ticket sales opportunities by establishing professional and personal network
· Prospect and self-generate new group outing leads under supervisor’s guidance
· Lead sales presentations and tours for potential clients
· Develop relationships with current and potential group ticket customers
· Responsible for servicing, up-selling, and cross selling ticketing products
· Handle inbound calls and provide necessary information to convert into sales or assist with customer service issues
· Maintain accurate records of client interaction through the provided customer database system
· Provide exceptional customer service to handle and resolve customer complaints
· Handle group ticket renewal process
· Oversee group sales initiatives as assigned by supervisor
· Assist premium department by selling single game suite inventory
· Meet or exceed sales goals as set by supervisor
· Attend and provide service at match days and other special events that include night and weekend work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Ability to speak in a professional manner via telephone and in person with guests, visitors, & fans
· Demonstrated work experience in a professional sports or college athletics environment, including involvement with high-profile events
· Understanding of basic accounting principles
· Ability to prospect new customers and create self-generated leads
· Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, as well as attend all home matches
· Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable personality
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
· An innovative and creative thinker who is not constrained by conventional thinking or established approaches
· Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university required (sales/marketing focus preferred)
· One or more years of experience and success in sports ticket sales
· Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.)
· Prior use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and / or KORE preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish / English) or multi-lingual skills a plus
This position is based out of the Sounders FC office in Seattle, WA. Employee must have a reliable means of transportation to attend off-site meetings and other work-related functions. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able and willing to work during evenings and weekends, including all Sounders match days.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.