Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Donor/Data Management Intern with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
TITLE: Donor/Data Management Intern
DEPARTMENT: RAVE Foundation
REPORTS TO: RAVE Foundation Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Unpaid / College Credit, Temporary
DATE: Winter 2020
RAVE Foundation is the official charitable arm of Seattle Sounders FC and believes that soccer is a vehicle to empower and inspire. RAVE removes barriers to participation on and off the soccer field, while supporting and strengthening our local communities.
The Donor/Data Management Internship is for the primary benefit of a candidate who is studying information technology, statistics, analytics, or has an interest in non-profit / foundation work. During this Internship the selected candidate will learn how to integrate data into a new CRM system, collaborate with CRM provider to build out a new system of data management, maintain a database, and run tests and analyze data to provide insightful reports to a $1,000,000 non-profit. Additionally, this candidate will gain valuable insight and hands on experience surrounding the day-to-day activities, funding, and running of a Foundation. This Internship is unpaid but entitles the Intern to academic credit upon completion. There is no guarantee of full-time employment at the end of this program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with a CRM provider to build out new system of data management for RAVE Foundation donors.
- Integrate RAVE Foundation donor data into new CRM system and create a basic guide on how to maintain and manage the database.
- Learn about and define levels of donor engagement in order to create database classifications as well as a communication system for each level of donor.
- Run tests and analyze data to provide insightful reports that will assist in targeting future marketing campaigns, potential new donor demographic targets, etc.
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a Foundation.
- Intern will have the opportunity to meet with internal and external stakeholders in order to learn about their roles in relation to RAVE Foundation and the sports industry in general.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Experience, Skill and/or Ability
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university (information technology, statistics, information systems, mathematics, marketing or other similar studies preferred)
- Must be able to receive academic credit for Internship.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Professional in demeanor; previous experience in an office environment a plus.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Availability to work some nights, weekends, and home matches as necessary.
Required computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Compass 360 or comparable CRMs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Responsibilities may require standing on feet for long periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
This position will work primarily from the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA. Must have a reliable form of transportation. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, intern must be able to work during some evenings and weekends, including all Sounders FC match days that fall within the duration of the internship. Must have a reliable means of transportation.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Can you earn college credit for this Internship?