Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Digital Brand Experience with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
TITLE: Director, Digital Brand Experience
DEPARTMENT: Digital Brand Experience (Marketing)
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
When you join Sounders FC you join a Family. A giant, inclusive, soccer-loving Family rooted in the best soccer city in America. Here we average nearly 40,000 fans per match, recently attracting over 69,000 fans as we won the 2019 MLS Cup here in Seattle. Our club exists to create special moments like these, where we enrich lives and unify our fans and city through soccer.
Through both digital and live experiences, the Sounders FC Marketing department curates club, fan and cultural stories to build meaningful connections and serve as leaders invested the progress of our Seattle community.
As part of the Marketing department, the Digital Brand Experience team focuses on how Sounders fans experience our brand through their screens. They ensure the smartest digital channel strategy to connect the right story with the right audience at the right time to drive brand and business objectives.
As the Director, Digital Brand Experience you will lead and develop a talented digital team to innovate, learn and evolve ways of engaging and growing the Sounders fanbase. Using technology as a connecting force, you obsess how digital channel trends and content strategies are leveraged to retain and acquire fans.
Working closely with the Marketing Planning & Insights, Brand Content & Creative, and Live Brand Experience teams, as well as across departments, is critical to bringing a cohesive brand expression to life across digital and live experiences, brand campaigns, editorial stories and cross-channel communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
Digital Channel Leadership
Digital Channel Leadership
- Maximize the Sounders FC owned-channel ecosystem to deliver a holistic digital brand experience.
- Lead team across website, social media, email and Sounders FC app to develop and apply integrated platform, audience and consumer journey strategies.
- Oversee the evolution of the Sounders FC app to become central to the Sounders fan experience.
- Evolve the Sounders FC influencer strategy as it relates to content and social media.
- Oversee and manage a trusted network of digital agency, freelance and/or collaborator partners.
Content Strategy & Planning
- Oversee the Digital Brand Experience team to develop brand content plan and editorial calendars.
- Lead the team to further define and execute channel specific content strategies including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, website, email and the Sounders FC app.
- Support fan journey lifecycles with strategic digital experience design and content planning.
- Proactively estimate and communicate digital team resource needs and priorities.
- Contribute to the design and adoption of shared tools and processes across marketing functions.
- Lead long-term audience growth strategy.
Digital Brand Channel Execution
- Support the Digital Brand Experience team’s editorial content ideation.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback throughout content development and execution stages.
- Oversee timely, accurate, on-brand executions across digital channels.
- Ensure the Sounders FC brand voice is well-represented with integrity and respect at all times.
- Lead the team to ensure web best practices are followed to ensure SEO optimization, channel-specific UI/UX, site speed and mobile friendly execution of content and page design.
- Conduct regular channel audits to ensure standards are maintained across all digital touchpoints.
- Partner with Brand Planning & Insights to examine data and apply insights to digital strategy.
- Constantly work to blend the digital and live experiences into one seamless fan experience.
- Partner with PR to coordinate SFC team coverage, news and announcements.
- Deveop fan-centric marketing programs that drive revenue through corporate partnerships.
- Participate in cross-functional seasonal brand strategy and planning sessions.
- Participate in 1-3-year brand planning.
- Serve as a leader within the Marketing department, while directly managing at least six digital team members across social media, web, app and email channels.
- Inspire passion and motivate engagement across working groups.
- Cultivate career development opportunities for the Digital Brand Experience team members
- Create a positive, safe working environment that sets the stage for open, collaborative teamwork.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee(s); addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Support the Sounders FC Mission to Create Moments, Enrich Lives and Unify Through Soccer, as well as the Sounders FC Values of Ambition, Innovation, and Collaboration in all interactions with teammates, partners, vendors, and fans.
Knowledge, Skill and/or Ability
- Demonstrated experience leading digital teams in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience crafting data informed editorial and brand content strategies, plans and calendars.
- Deep understanding and innovative approach to social media and similar channels.
- Leader in mobile technologies to reach fans and personalize digital experiences.
- Strong understanding of how all forms of content support a seamless digital-physical fan journey.
- Seeks to understand and apply data and insights to drive effective and efficient digital marketing.
- Understanding of CRM and web/mobile design principles.
- Experience with digital membership program and app software is a plus.
- Understands end-to-end digital journey, including purchase funnel and post-purchase interactions.
- Excellent analytical and program management skills.
- Strong attention to detail in planning and execution, while maintaining a big picture perspective.
- Leads with a solution-oriented approach to collaboration and problem solving.
- Understanding of latest in marketing technology across various channels.
Applicable Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Google Analytics
- Social and Web analytics tools
- Project Management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, Media or similar degree.
- 8+ years Digtal Marketing experience with focus in sports or entertainment industries.
- 3+ years leading and developing digital marketing teams.
- Proven experience driving digital marketing strategy in fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Experience with digital media channels, email, social media, SEO/SEM, CRM and digital analytics.
Special remarks regarding work environment
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, including home matches.
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your salary expectations?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? Please note a cover letter is mandatory.