Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coordinator, Video Production with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
TITLE: Coordinator, Video Production
DEPARTMENT: Broadcast & Production
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Video Content
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
We are seeking a multi-talented videographer to capture and edit footage for all things Sounders FC – including, but not limited to, matchday, digital and social, broadcast, in-game presentation, corporate partners, community, ticket sales and more.
The individual in this role must be a self-starter who can prioritize multiple projects at once and understands the professional sports landscape and the type of content it requires. S/he will interface with multiple departments and individuals within the organization and must be comfortable taking video briefs from start to finish, soliciting feedback and managing expectations during the creative process. In addition, this person will help contribute to larger video concept ideas for content across multiple channels and other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Video Content.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Video Content, shoot training sessions, post-interviews, plus matchday footage at all home and select away matches for Sounders FC’s first team.
- Produce, shoot and edit video content for various club departments and external stakeholders as directed in order to fulfill Sounders FC corporate partnerships, community video requests, and ticket sales / revenue goals.
- Assist in the video production for the club’s social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), as directed by supervisor and the Digital Media department.
- Upload and publish all videos to club’s content management system.
- Manage all internal video archives including broadcast melts and match footage.
- Set-up lighting and sound for interviews/studio shoots.
- Help create motion graphics to enhance video features.
- Collaborate with Digital, Broadcast, Marketing and PR departments for all content creation, including brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for content to extend the club’s brand, increase consumption metrics, and grow the fan base.
- Assist the Game Presentation department with creative strategy for videos on social, website and in-stadium.
- Model the Sounders FC Vision and Values in all interactions with teammates, partners, vendors, and fans.
- This role is expected to work all Sounders FC home matches, with some travel required to away matches throughout the course of the season.
- On matchday, execute team and match filming before, during and after the match, as assigned.
- Cut time-sensitive material as needed, plus upload videos and manage files on matchday so they are ready for immediate use as designated by Broadcast & Production, Digital Media and/or Marketing departments.
- Ensure quality control of all video assets submitted for Sounders FC and partner use.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill and/or ability
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure with multiple assignments; meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- A self-starter.
- Proven experience collaborating with account teams, creative agencies, vendors and clients.
- Reliable and professional in all interactions.
- Flexible and resilient.
- Experience implementing short-form videos for social and digital channels.
- Familiarity with primary social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and understanding of video trends on each.
- Innovative thinker, able to contribute ideas and participate in marketing and content efforts across the organization.
- Creative recognition of platform-specific content for social.
- Familiarity with shooting with digital cinema cameras (SONY, Canon).
- General knowledge of soccer and Major League Soccer.
- Motion graphics experience.
- A passion for Sounders FC.
Required computer skills
- Adept at utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Broadcasting or Communications plus a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the video production field.
- Previous experience working for a team or covering sports.
Special remarks regarding work environment
- Travel outside of the greater Seattle area estimated to be 25% of role.
- This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC business office in Seattle, WA but travel between the business office and Sounders FC’s training facility in Tukwila, WA is required for this role. Employee may also be required to drive to off-site meetings and other functions. Due to this, employee must have a reliable means of transportation, preferably a personal car.
- Must be able to carry, load and unload all necessary video/camera equipment – 25 to 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed, plus Sounders FC pre-season, all Sounders FC home matches and about half of Sounders FC away matches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a demo reel?