Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Club Development Program Coach with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle, WA
The Sounders FC Youth Club Development program is designed to provide local clubs with curriculum and coaching support to improve grassroots soccer programming. Club Development Coaches will represent Sounders FC in leading local club training sessions, providing technical instruction, and supporting parent volunteer coaches within these clubs.
The Club Development Coaches will participate in weekly educational meetings, as well as have the opportunity to work at additional camps and clinics throughout the year. Club Development Coaches are expected to spend two (2) or more hours a week outside of the coaching support preparing for the upcoming week’s focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Curriculum and Methodology Implementation
- Deeply familiar with Sounders FC curriculum and methodology and display a complete support of system organization
- Ability to effectively carry out the curriculum and explain it to volunteer coaches
- Comfortable coaching a variety of ages at grassroots level
Club Development Program Relationships
- Bring energy, excitement and fun to build a love of the sport of soccer.
- Build positive and energizing working relationships with players, club volunteer coaches and parents.
- Be cordial and respectful when dealing with teams, players, parents, coaches and club staff
- Be a source of information within the club for key personnel
- Uphold Sounders FC values and represent the club and brand in a positive way at all times
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional/College playing experience preferred but not required
- Premier level coaching experience preferred but not required
- At least two years of coaching experience within soccer
- USSF “D” license or NSCAA National Diploma highly preferred, however relevant playing or coaching experience may be suitable
- Must have strong leadership skills and as the ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Must have strong people and relationship building skills to connect with players, club coaches and parents
- Must possess strong desire to grow soccer from a grassroots level
- Must be extremely punctual
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the game
- Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement desired
- Must be able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities
- Must be able to effectively carry out training sessions
- 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, including weekends
- Must have availability to work from April to November
- Must be able to provide one's own transportation to club fields
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?
Sounders FC hosts camps all over the greater Seattle area. Do you have a reliable means of transportation for getting to and from these various locations?
Sounders FC does not provide relocation assistance for this role. Do you either already live in, or have accommodation in, the greater Seattle area?