Art Director - Sounders FC (Seattle · WA)
- Develop design brand guidelines in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Lead the design strategy and its application for a cohesive brand identity.
- Lead the creative development process, including identifying resources, creative concepting, art direction and delivering timely feedback.
- Establish design direction and oversee delivery of that design expression across mediums including social, email, web, advertising, print, retail, video etc.
- Work with video team on branding and graphic approach for video content.
- Concept design direction for inspiring brand campaigns that meet creative brief requirements.
- Present ideas in a visual manner to gain stakeholder buy in at various stages of the design process.
- Guide, evaluate and, if needed, re-direct design development to ensure quality and consistency.
- Provide cross-department tools and guidance for photo direction and selection.
- Oversee the brand merchandising development and review process.
- Art direct photo shoots.
- Design asset deliverables as needed across web, advertising, social media, print, video and more.
- Lead end-to-end marketing campaign asset creation across marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the digital team to optimize website and landing page design.
- Manage a Design Manager, who serves as a designer and the creative teams operational lead. Encourage their career growth and development, provide feedback and design coaching, and perform other managerial duties such as one-on-ones and performance reviews.
- Collaborate with design agency to concept and bring to life larger brand campaigns and feature initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as designer, preferably in sports or digital marketing.
- 2+ years leading successful design teams preferred.
- A professional level knowledge of industry standard design software and tools including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in:
- Concepting and executing multi-channel campaigns.
- Print design with layout for sales and marketing collateral.
- Web design with layout for email, web and social media graphics.
- Wrike or other project management tools.
- Motion graphics is a plus.
- An expert at providing design direction and has strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong strategic design skills as well as hands-on experience with content production, layout, editing, web production, and photography.
- Demonstrated understanding of design for digital advertising, environmental design, traditional advertising, email, web, and social media design.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a high degree of collaboration and influence
- Ability to lead and cultivate a positive culture among internal design team, collaborators, and vendors.
- Ability to provide succinct, timely, clear creative feedback.
- Strong attention to detail, with organizational and time management skillset.
- Quick learner who can learn and adapt new organizational processes.
- A passion for working in soccer and sports.
- Understands, or can quickly learn, the club’s history, the North American soccer scene, and MLS.
- Bring a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude to all challenges.
- Passion for fostering diverse, inclusive, and high performing teams.
- Must be fully vaccinated at the time of hire and follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
- Ability to work all home Sounders FC match days and additional non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- This position will primarily work from home for 2021 but will be expected to attend Sounders FC matches at Lumen Field and in-market events and meetings as needed.
- Must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter and portfolio with your application? Both are required to be considered for the role.