Academy Head of Recruitment - Sounders FC (Seattle · WA)
- Scouting, identifying and attracting top player prospects to the club's Academy teams.
- Host visiting players, parents and coaches.
- Ensure collection and storage of data on potential trial players.
- Screen trialists to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach for departmental input.
- Attend training sessions and matches of Sounders Discovery Program and Academy teams to have a strong understanding of the type of player that will fit the club .
- Attend training sessions and matches of partner clubs.
- Formalize an Academy scouting network.
- Follow and evolve the club’s player identification guidelines.
- Formalize the procedure for signing and introducing players to ensure high quality of service.
- Attend all required Academy and Sounders FC all staff meetings.
- Help ensure that club code of conduct is maintained by candidates and current players.
- Perform administrative duties - including formally recording data, completing any necessary paperwork, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience working for an Academy, collegiate or professional soccer club.
- Previous experience in recruitment/scouting required.
- USSF B License preferred.
- Knowledge of MLS Homegrown territories including rules and regulations.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Awareness of growth and maturation in young people.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals – including players, coaches, team personnel, parents.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with ability to deliver presentations.
- Professional demeanor, punctual and reliable.
- Importance of building long term relationships.
- Requests and is open to feedback.
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish / English) or Multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently.
- Passionate about soccer and player development.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This position will work primarily from the Sounders FC Offices at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila, WA, but a high frequency of out of town travel will be required.
- Must have a reliable form of local transportation.
- Employee must follow all club and league COVID-19 protocols.
- Must reside within Washington state upon date of hire.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to busy athletic facility areas, outside weather conditions and loud noise levels.
The physical demands reflective of the duties and work environment herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sounders FC is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs.
Sounders FC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Please tell us how your unique background or life experience will enhance our club.
What are your salary expectations for this role?
Are you legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship?
Have you included a cover letter with your application? A cover letter is required to be considered for the role.