Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
2020 Matchday Box Office Assistant with Seattle Sounders FC in Seattle · WA
Seattle Sounders FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Seattle · WA
Ticket Operations: Box Office/Mutuel Clerk
Job Title: 2020 Matchday Box Office Assistant (multiple openings)
Department: Ticket Operations
Reports To: Manager, Ticket Operations
Status: Part-time; Seasonal; Home matchdays only
When you join Sounders FC you join a Family. A giant, inclusive, soccer-loving Family rooted in the best soccer city in America. Here we average nearly 40,000 fans per match, recently attracting over 69,000 fans as we won the 2019 MLS Cup here in Seattle. Our club exists to create special moments like these, where we enrich lives and unify our fans and city through soccer.
Our Ticket Operations team is looking for Matchday Box Office Assistants to assist with day-of-game ticket operations setup, customer service, and ticket sales for the 2020 Sounders FC season. This role is an excellent learning opportunity within the sports industry that will be an integral part of all Sounders FC home matches. You will be responsible for assisting in setting up the box office on matchday, troubleshooting any ticket issues and selling tickets on Seattle Sounders FC matchdays at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, WA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Ticket Operations Manager with Box Office and Will Call setup and teardown on matchdays
- Provide all guests a positive first impression of Sounders FC by offering superior, world class, individualized guest service
- Be an energetic Sounders FC ambassador knowledgeable of ticket prices, match schedule, ticket package offerings, ticket policies and procedures.
- Accurately operate SeatGeek ticketing platform and mobile ticketing systems
- Problem solve and troubleshoot any ticket issues that may arise - including lost, stolen or damaged tickets
- Answer box office telephone and respond to customer questions regarding events, ticket operations, and assist patrons in finding seat locations on seating diagrams
- Communicate in a positive manner with guests to identify and meet their needs efficiently and courteously
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years customer service or guest relations experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in ticket operations preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and handle large crowds in a friendly, professional manner.
- A team player who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, professional and punctual.
- Experience with ticketing software, specifically SeatGeek or TopTix ticketing platforms, a plus.
- Must be available to work all Sounders FC home match days (requires nights and weekends)
- Must have some working knowledge of Sounders FC and Major League Soccer; a true passion for soccer and Sounders FC strongly preferred.
Special Remarks Regarding Environment
- This position functions primarily at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, WA
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How did you hear about this job?