Quakes University Rookie - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose · CA)
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose · CA
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals to join an innovative 8-month front office training program. This is a paid - part time position lasting 8 months with a potential for future full-time employment.
Quakes University Rookies will work on a part time schedule for 8 months. The first 4 months will focus on ticket sales training and implementation. The 2nd half of the program will be spent in another department of the club gaining knowledge and exposure to the rest of the organization. Work may be performed in one of the following departments but not limited to: Marketing, Sponsorship, Community Relations, Event Operations.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in the sports industry, through the development of best practice sales skills and gaining an understanding of the inner workings of a front office. While receiving training, the Rookie must be a self-starter capable of quickly absorbing and implementing new ideas. Rookies must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment.
Top personality traits include: hard-working, accountable, goal-oriented, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
Months 1-4 of Program:
- Receive training on best practices and sports ticket sales strategies.
- Actively prospect potential ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
- Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages.
- Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
- Lead stadium tours to prospective ticket buyers.
Months 5-8 of Program:
- Rookies will be matched with another department determined by their career preferences and fit based on skillset and departmental needs.
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Support efforts to attract new or maintain existing sponsors.
- Assist in marketing and sales campaigns.
- Support Quakes community outreach programs.
- Help with the operational planning and execution of game days and other stadium events.
- Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
- Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports industry.
- Knowledge of MLS, San Jose Earthquakes, and Bay Area preferred but not required.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Work game days/events, nights and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.