Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Operations Game Day Staff with San Jose Earthquakes in San Jose · CA
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
Game Day Operations employee will be responsible for assisting with the locker room, field and stadium setup. This employee may be responsible for supervising ball kids, acting as a stretcher crew member, working with TV as a Red Hat or act as a visiting team liaison. The Game Day Operations Employee will report directly to the Manager of Event Operations.
Game Production Coordinator
- Meet with Red Hat for any timing issues or changes.
- Make calls to referee, visiting team liaison and home team liaisons for game production timing.
- Make calls for any in-game infractions, i.e. yellow cards, red cards and substitutions.
Referee Liaison (Non MLS Matches Only)
- Pickup and drop off Referees at their hotel.
- Set up of Referee locker room.
- Interact and work with The San Jose Earthquakes staff to provide referees with equipment and other necessities.
Ball Kid Supervisor
- Make sure all ball kids are wearing the correct uniform.
- Train Ball Kids to preform duties properly.
- Oversee and make sure all ball kids are performing their duties to the best of their abilities.
- Keep track of all game balls.
- Understand Procedures for putting a new ball into play in MLS Operations Manual.
- Ensure that all ball kids are returned to their parents or legal guardians safely.
- Assist the Visiting Team Liaison with Locker Room set up and tear down.
Stretcher Crew Member
- Wait on the sidelines until referee directs stretcher crew to assist with an injured player
- Assist visiting team liaison with locker room set up and tear down.
- Assist visiting team liaison with bench set up.
- Convey Producer’s signals to Referee for start and stop of game
- Inform TV produce of any injury’s or other necessary notes
Visiting Team Liaison
- Responsible for needs of the Visiting team while at Avaya Stadium
- Organize Field Crew staff to set up visiting locker room and team bench areas.
- Stand near but separate from the Visiting Team bench throughout the match.
- Contact San Jose Earthquakes Operation staff with any issues with the Visiting Team.
- *Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
- Must be able to communicate clear and concise message over a radio.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and able to make changes on the fly.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme pressure situations.
How did you hear about this job?