Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
San Jose Earthquakes
San Jose, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Electrician
Maintain and repair the Avaya Stadium mechanical, structural, electrical, and plumbing systems while also preserving and enhancing the aesthetic appearance of the facility. Provide a safe, clean, friendly and well-maintained facility for fans, staff, sponsors and players. This position will report to the Building Engineer.
· Assist and support on all maintenance and repairs of Avaya Stadium. This includes, but is not limited to, mechanical, structural, electrical and plumbing systems.
· Assist and support the preventative maintenance program for all of Avaya Stadium systems
· Assist and coordinate the installation of Stadium Signage, Advertising & Marketing materials, as needed
· Oversee all stadium operations equipment maintenance and repair (pressure washers, floor scrubbers, blowers, forklift and Arial lift etc.)
· Maintain a positive working relationship with all other departments
· Develop relationships with suppliers and vendors, assisting with access and walk-throughs
· Assist with seasonal cleaning, filter changes and other generic building maintenance.
· Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, problem detection and work on minor building projects.
· Repair door closures and other hardware in the facility.
· Learn and maintain electronic and manual lock systems.
· Assist in maintaining a log of repairs and maintenance.
· Help with emergency repairs, including diagnosis and repair execution, in a rapid fashion.
· Ensure that all projects are completed in a safe manner according to OSHA regulations
· Play an integral role in development, oversight and execution of Avaya Stadium safety program
· Provide input on all projected facility capital improvements
· Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, manuals & schedules
· Seek continuing education and training opportunities
· Other duties as assigned
· High school graduate or equivalent. Trade school and at least 2 years related experience in facility maintenance.
· Must have good driving record (proof of driving record at the time of hiring)
· Must pass a background check (provided by SJQ)
· Must provide proof of trade school certification or equivalent
Skills & Abilities:
· Trade Skills – plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, and locksmith a plus
· Efficient in computer skills, such as: MS Outlook, Word, Excel & CMMS Software
· Ability to learn and utilize the ISS 24/7 Computerized Maintenance Management System
· Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Ability to remain standing for long periods of time and to walk long distances
· Excellent people and customer service skills
· Coachable, willing and able to learn quickly
· Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, if needed
· Ability to be flexible in schedule for operational needs (projects, shutdowns, events, etc…)
· Ability to receive “emergency calls” and respond to operational emergencies
· Good procurement abilities for purchasing materials and supplies
· Ability to focus on task and not distracted by “sports industry” activities
· Develop and maintain an inventory of “in-stock” materials for repairs
· Good record keeping of inspections, logs and documents
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?