Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Building Engineer with San Jose Earthquakes in San Jose, CA
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose, CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Facility Operations/Event Facility Support: Maintenance
Building Engineer- San Jose Earthquakes, San Jose, CA
The San Jose Earthquakes have an opening for a Building Engineer for Avaya Stadium. Avaya Stadium is a 3-year-old 18,000 seat outdoor venue and the home of MLS’s San Jose Earthquakes. Under general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Building Engineer will perform a variety of skilled and unskilled activities involved in the operation and maintenance of the facility.
· Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility’s audio-visual, general IT, environmental controls, emergency power, electrical, HVAC and lighting systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
· Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
· Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, wall repair, locks/hardware, patching, re-lamping, filters and belts as required.
· Respond to emergency request for repairs service, diagnose problems and immediately make repairs.
· Inspect, evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems in the buildings and/or work with vendors to do so.
· Inspect, evaluate, and respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
· Record and log all work performed on a CMMS software, complete work order assignments and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
· Assist other Operations Department divisions to expedite event support as needed.
· Read and interpret performance charts and control panels to evaluate the efficiency of each system
· Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following and assisting in the life safety and emergency program as needed.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· General knowledge of Cal OSHA guidelines & requirements, evaluating & executing safe workplace practices/procedures.
· Identify and apply proper use of PPE in the workplace environment. Initiate and assist on proper record keeping of the SDS information throughout the facilities.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
· Understand the methods, principles and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
· Be familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
· Know general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems to be able to assist the maintenance technicians and vendors, as needed.
· Have basic understanding of door hardware, locks, key access card system, door closers, etc.
· Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
· Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
· Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
· Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
· Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, aerial lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
· Operate monitoring controls, key access card system, CMMS software and personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Must be able to adjust schedule according to the demands and requirements of events, projects and vendors, that may require access or assistance to complete an assigned task for the facilities.
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Must have a valid California Drivers License and good driving record.
· Must pass a background check, prior to start of employment.
· Will be require to sign a “Confidentiality Agreement”, prior to start of employment. Will be required to enter into areas containing sensitive information and secured areas within the facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. This position may need to perform work in high areas. Position must be able to operate equipment as required. This position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings and may be subjected to adverse conditions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Technical support school or advanced electrical or refrigeration courses preferred
· Minimum of five (5) years full-time experience at a facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· EPA Universal certification and HVAC certificate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?