Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Box Office Attendant
San Jose Earthquakes
San Jose, CA
Ticket Operations: Ticket Operations
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently hiring part-time Box Office Attendants for the 2018 season. We are looking for outgoing, professional, and reliable individuals to round out our part-time Box Office staff. Employees would be needed to help on both Earthquakes and non-Earthquakes events throughout the season. Applicants must be available on evenings and weekends for consideration.
Box Office Attendants are responsible for maximizing ticket sales and revenue while delivering exceptional customer service at the ticketing windows. Responsibilities also include processing and distributing Will Call tickets to visiting patrons. Along with ticketing transactions for individual and future events, representatives will be responsible for keeping a balance of their assigned cash banks without any overages or shortages. As a first point-of-contact at Avaya Stadium, it is critical that employees are energetic and engaging while displaying a strong sales and service focus during all interactions.
Other responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Process single game ticket sales at Box Office on day of game
- Greet guests with energy, positivity and enthusiasm
- Provide information and assistance regarding present and future games/events
- Understand and demonstrate an understanding of stadium policies, procedures, events
- Handle general customer service inquiries
- Remain highly engaged and deliver exceptional customer service in resolving customer requests or complaints.
- Efficiently learn and utilize our ticketing system (TM Archtics) for ticketing transactions and issues.
- Assist in daily Box Office upkeep
- Able to listen and follow directions within a fast paced team setting.
- Ability to work well under high pressure situations
- Handle cash and credit payments through TM Archtics
- Reconcile all gameday sales without any overage/shortage occurring
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving
- Accuracy in handling and processing financial transactions.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience working in a public event venue or in a customer service role preferred
- Experience with ticketing software preferred
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) manually or through the use of a calculator.
- Previous Box Office/Sales experience preferred
- Retail/Money Handling experience preferred
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Must be able to work all San Jose Earthquakes games
- Spanish speakers preferred
The San Jose Earthquakes are an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?