San Jose Earthquakes - Assistant, Community Relations
About the San Jose Earthquakes:
The San Jose Earthquakes have a mission to establish our home as the epicenter of American soccer by uniting Northern California with big dreams, big hustle, and big impact.
Who You Are:
We are looking for people that want to hustle big.
Hustle: Having the desire to authentically connect people, willing to always show up for our fans, and having an innate pride in their work.
Big: Devoted to quality in all aspects of the job, not afraid to swing big, and own the result.
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator, Community Relations
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for an upbeat and hardworking Assistant to assist in the day-to-day activities of the Community Relations department and aid in the execution of the MLS league-wide community outreach initiatives. A successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, a creative mind, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. This person will also help create and manage community programs and fundraising events for the Quakes Foundation. This position reports to the Coordinator, Community Relations. These responsibilities fall within multiple categories, including but not limited to:
Marketing & Communications Support
- Maintain relationships with external community partners
- Manage all online donation requests and fulfillment
- Oversee Name In Lights requests and fulfillments
- Assist with volunteers at fundraisers
Community Relations Programming
- Assist and executive responsibilities related to current Community Relations programs like: Pledge 74, Get EQ Fit, Quakes Unified. sponsor related programs, donations and Kicks for Kids, player related philanthropy, MLSWorks programming, gameday programs and projects etc.
- Attend player appearances as needed
- Assist with team autograph sessions
- Manage the Foundation booth and activations at Quakes home games
- Note management for board meetings
General Administrative and community engagement tasks
- Speak knowledgeably to the public about all Quakes Community programs
- Assist Game Day Operations
Skills and Requirements
- 1-2 years experience in the professional sports industry and/or fundraising
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge and passion for soccer and the MLS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, service and resolution skills
- Self-motivated team player with good work ethic and desire to learn
- Ability to build positive working relationships with peers at all levels within the organization and throughout the community
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of San Jose and surrounding communities
- Experience with multiculturalism and application of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion principles
- Genuine interest in the well-being of our community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.