Vice President, Stadium Operations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose · CA)
San Jose Earthquakes jobs
Sports Jobs in San Jose · CA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
The San Jose Earthquakes are one of the storied franchises in North American soccer history. Debuting in the NASL in 1974, the Club represents a region rich in soccer tradition. With the opening of PayPal Park in 2015, the San Jose Earthquakes launched a new era for soccer in the Bay Area with world class facilities and a redeveloped Coleman Highline property area.
As the Earthquakes embark on a new strategic plan, the team will add a world-class training facility, to accompany continued capital expenditures in PayPal Park.
The position of Vice President, Stadium Operations for the San Jose Earthquakes is responsible for all operational aspects of PayPal Park for all stadium events. This includes, event operations, facility operations, capital improvement projects, parking control, building safety, and stadium security.
The position will be responsible for managing key relationships with Earthquakes and PayPal Park partners including stadium vendors, stadium concessionaire, local law enforcement, local neighborhood organizations, outside event hosts, construction partners, and any other organizations participating in stadium events.
The right candidate for this role will be a strategic thinker, capable of working with all parts of the organization to help create a world class stadium experience.
Executive Vice President
Job Description & Duties
- Identifying, recruiting if necessary, retaining as appropriate, and developing a first-class Stadium Operations and Facilities Team for Paypal Park
- Managing all facilities, capital, and other building projects to be completed on schedule, on design, and under budget
- Being a leading Operations Department nationally as viewed by Major League Soccer
- Owning the PayPal Park experience: clean premises, door to door fan experience, a motivated and well-trained part-time staff, and best in class customer service
- Responsible for meeting all safety and security standards as recommended by law enforcement, Major League Soccer, and responsible third-party agencies
- Work with Coleman Highline property to manage and execute on parking arrangements for all stadium events
- Create a best-in-class parking, entry, and concessions experience for all guests of PayPal Park
- Respond and work with all Earthquakes fans on customer service issues
- A minimum of ten years working in stadium operations, stadium security, customer service, or related field
- A minimum of five year’s experience managing an operations, security, customer service, or facilities team
- A minimum of five years experience managing complex budgets across multiple departments
- Proven track record of delivering high level customer experience in a professional sports or entertainment venue
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.