Social Media Coordinator - Portland Timbers & Thorns (Portland · OR)
Portland Timbers & Thorns jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Marketing: Social Media
On a day-to-day basis, the role of Social Media Coordinator will include helping with posting and engaging with fans on our social media platforms, as well as serving in coverage for match days. Additionally, this person would be involved in ideating, planning and executing social media campaigns throughout the season.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities:
- Provide full social coverage of the match, includes posting match-related updates and content to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram/Instagram Stories.
- Assist with social media monitoring for content / posts to engage with or share for home and away matches.
- Assist in the sharing of pre- and post-game content – web content, previews, video, graphics, etc. – for home and away matches.
- Capture of on-field and in-stadium content for social platforms particularly on Snapchat and Instagram Stories – for home matches
- Sharing of content, both social exclusive content or website content.
- Under direction of Director of Social Content & Strategy, continue to refine and develop the voice of our social platforms.
- Take a leading role in the club’s TikTok strategy and content production.
- Assist in the development and execution of social specific content for the Timbers and Thorns FC.
- Work with Director of Social Content & Strategy to implement corporate partner activations into our social content.
- Assist in responding to comments, replies or inbox messages across all platforms.
- Multilingual, particularly Spanish
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Adobe creative suite, particularly Photoshop
- Video editing
- Experience with TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. for a brand
The Portland Timbers enter their eleventh season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2022. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 25,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS.
The Portland Thorns will celebrate their 10th season in 2022. A founding team of the NWSL, the Thorns have won the NWSL Championship twice (2013, 2017) the NWSL Shield twice (2016, 2021) the NWSL Community Shield (2020), the NWSL Challenge Cup (2021) and the WICC Tournament (2021).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.