Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Seasonal- Environmental Service Worker with Portland Timbers in Portland, OR
Portland Timbers jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland, OR
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Custodial/Housekeeping
Selection for the Environmental Service Worker position will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. This is an irregular part time, seasonal, non-exempt position.
The Environmental Service Worker maintains environmental standards within established policies and procedures of Providence Park. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain sidewalks, restrooms, offices, locker rooms, press boxes and conference rooms.
The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements. In addition, the Environmental Services Department is in charge of the implementation and the continued practice of sustainability initiatives.
- Dusts furniture, stadium seating, and equipment and mop floors.
- Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas using a ladder.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
- Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of restrooms.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Use two way radios to communicate.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous Housekeeping experience a plus
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift and move items over 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Noisy environment with large groups of people.
- Must perform in high-stress and fast-paced environment in an expedient manner for sustained periods.
- Frequently exposed to weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Will work in large facilities indoor/outdoor, close quarters in hazardous work areas.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their ninth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2019. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 25,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of 142 games and counting as the club enters the 2019 MLS season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work nights, weekends, and holidays?