Payroll and Benefits Coordinator - Portland Timbers (Portland · OR)
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Manage employees time off to include vacation, personal and sick leave for employees, ensuring entries are correctly recorded in ADP
- Resolve any employee payment issues
- Review and process timecards
- Process terminations in ADP and ABI
- Process commissions and bonuses with the appropriate tax withholding amounts
- Develop and implement payroll control procedures and practices
- Handle monthly reporting for finance department
- Administer various employee benefits programs
- Conduct benefit orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims
- Manage monthly benefit statements and reconciliation
- Complete benefits reporting requirements
- Act as a company ADP administrator to all staff
- Assist with workers comp and 401k audits as necessary
- Assist with wage garnishments, unemployment claim filings, verifications etc.
- Assist with processing paperwork for new employees including entering employee information into the payroll systems (ADP/ABI)
- Review and complete new hire paperwork as needed
- Provide general support to the human resources department
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Proactive thinker who possesses strong organization and communication skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong team building and collaboration skills
- Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
- Current knowledge of state and Federal wage and hour laws
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn other software applications as needed
- 2-3 years of experience with payroll/HR management software – ADP experience a plus
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 11th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2021. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
When would you be available to start?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed?
Please describe in 100 words or less why you are interested in this position.
Please list all payroll systems that you have experience working with.