Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Paid Seasonal Internship-Youth Camps
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2018 MLS Season.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for your assigned camps
- Organize and compile camp equipment for all upcoming camps
- Arrive 45 minutes before each camp begins to set up tent, table, signage, and water cooler
- Event management – Direct assigned camps: ensure that each camp runs smoothly, stays on schedule, and monitor/assist coaching staff on-site
- Establish relationships within other departments – plan at least three networking meetings
- Ability and willingness to assist with other Youth Department events
- Evaluate, rate, and provide constructive criticism on coaching staff, and Youth Camp Program
- Develop and prepare a final presentation – propose a new Timbers Youth Camp
- Provide support to other departments within the Portland Timbers organization in regards to additional opportunities/events
- High School Graduate
- Current College Student, or Recent Graduate
- Must be at least 18 years-old
- Valid United States driver’s license
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and pay close attention to details
- Comfort with appropriately representing the Timbers and Thorns brands
- Outstanding follow through and organizational ability
- Ability to work effectively independently, with a team, and with customers
- Event Management
- Event Marketing
- Previous Soccer Experience (Playing, Coaching, Team Management)
- Public Speaking
How did you hear about this job?
What is your experience with soccer?
Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person?
What is your experience with event management?
Are you comfortable being outside for extended periods of time?
In less than 100 words, please give us an example of a time when you used your leadership skills.
Why does this internship appeal to you?