Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Paid Seasonal Internship-Youth Camps
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2018 MLS Season.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for your assigned camps
- Organize and compile camp equipment for all upcoming camps
- Arrive 45 minutes before each camp begins to set up tent, table, signage, and water cooler
- Event management – Direct assigned camps: ensure that each camp runs smoothly, stays on schedule, and monitor/assist coaching staff on-site
- Establish relationships within other departments – plan at least three networking meetings
- Ability and willingness to assist with other Youth Department events
- Evaluate, rate, and provide constructive criticism on coaching staff, and Youth Camp Program
- Develop and prepare a final presentation – propose a new Timbers Youth Camp
- Provide support to other departments within the Portland Timbers organization in regards to additional opportunities/events
- High School Graduate
- Current College Student, or Recent Graduate
- Must be at least 18 years-old
- Valid United States driver’s license
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and pay close attention to details
- Comfort with appropriately representing the Timbers and Thorns brands
- Outstanding follow through and organizational ability
- Ability to work effectively independently, with a team, and with customers
- Event Management
- Event Marketing
- Previous Soccer Experience (Playing, Coaching, Team Management)
- Public Speaking
How did you hear about this job?
What is your experience with soccer?
Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person?
What is your experience with event management?
Are you comfortable being outside for extended periods of time?
In less than 100 words, please give us an example of a time when you used your leadership skills.
Why does this internship appeal to you?