Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Paid Seasonal Internship- Youth Camp Development with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2020 MLS Season. Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for your assigned camps
- Organize and compile camp equipment for all upcoming camps
- Arrive 45 minutes before each camp begins to set up tent, table, signage, and water cooler
- Event management – Direct assigned camps: ensure that each camp runs smoothly, stays on schedule, and monitor/assist coaching staff on-site
- Establish relationships within other departments – plan at least three networking meetings
- Ability and willingness to assist with other Youth Department events
- Evaluate, rate, and provide constructive criticism on coaching staff, and Youth Camp Program
- Develop and prepare, and execute two events with your intern team – a 3v3 soccer tournament, and an adult “pro-for-a-night” event
- Provide support to other departments within the Portland Timbers organization in regards to additional opportunities/events
- High School Graduate
- Current College Student, or Recent Graduate
- Must be at least 18 years-old
- Valid United States driver’s license & personal vehicle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and pay close attention to details
- Comfort with appropriately representing the Timbers and Thorns brands
- Outstanding follow through and organizational ability
- Ability to work effectively independently, with a team, and with customers
- Event Management and Marketing experience
- Previous Soccer Experience (Playing, Coaching, Team Management)
- Public Speaking
How did you hear about this job?
Describe your soccer experience.
Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Why or why not?
What is your experience with event management?
Are you comfortable being outside for extended periods of time?
In less than 100 words, please give us an example of a time when you used your leadership skills.
Do you reside in Oregon, or SW Washington? If not, are you currently looking to relocate to the area?
Why does this internship appeal to you?