Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Paid Seasonal Internship- Soccer Operations with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
The Soccer Operations Intern will help facilitate the daily administration of Portland Timbers and Portland Timbers 2. This individual will help facilitate day to day administration in the Soccer Operations Department under supervision of the Team Administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the day to day administration of team operations.
- Assist athletes with relocation in and out of market.
- Assist with player/trialist transportation.
- Serve as a liaison for incoming teams.
- Display superb organizational skills.
- Be extremely diligent and meticulous.
- Support the Timbers foundation and community initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree. Business or Sport Management, preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in professional sports environment, preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 10th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays?
When is your first available start date?
Can you speak any languages other than english? If so, please list.
Why does this internship interest you?