Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers.
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2018 MLS Season.
Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
Job Purpose: The Administration Intern is the first point of contact for the organization. This Intern will provide support to the Administrative Assistant, Receptionist and Logistics Coordinator by performing a variety of administrative tasks and functions through working in reception and the logistics/ shipping area. Key coverage periods will be weekday's mid-morning to mid-afternoon and weekend game days, with other coverage as needed.
· Work in reception providing coverage for the Administrative Assistant and entire front office
· Maintain reception office
· Be the first point of contact for the organization
· Provide reception game day coverage
· Receive reception phone calls and greet visitors
· Responsible for the receiving and distribution of mail for front office staff
· Assist with internal room request forms
· Assist Administrative Assistant with basic accounting/administrative tasks and projects
· Cross trained in Logistics/ Shipping area
· Support Logistics Coordinator
· Miscellaneous projects (as needed)
· Support tracking and distribution of staff gear
· Assist HR department (as needed)
· Weekend Availability required
· Availability to work all home Timbers, Thorns and select T2 matches (Please visit our website to view all teams schedules: http://www.timbers.com/
· Computer literate and experience with Microsoft Office applications
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Positive attitude and willingness to learn
· Experience working in a customer service role
· Experience in an office setting
· Build working relationships with other departments in the organization through miscellaneous projects
· Showcase your abilities in handling a wide variety of tasks within a high-pace environment
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their eighth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2018. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of 125 games and counting as the club enters the 2018 MLS season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.