Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Manager, Group Sales with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
Portland Timbers jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Purpose: The Portland Timbers are looking for a self-motivated Group Sales Manager to drive group sales through our existing Ticket Sales team. The ideal candidate is a self- starter, diligent with details, has a strong work ethic, a leader who can impart their knowledge and is driven by meeting and exceeding aggressive sales objectives. We are looking for someone who is a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Be responsible for group sales of Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC inventory including:
- Group Ticket Packages (Awareness Nights, Theme Nights, Fundraisers, Youth Team Events, etc.)
- Generate sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting.
- Lead the creation and implementation of all group sales initiatives across both teams.
- Manage account executives progress towards individual and team sales goals.
- Create new relationships to cultivate new group sales initiatives
- Facilitate inter-departmental relationships to collaborate on group sales initiatives
- Be an ambassador of the Timbers and Thorns FC brands throughout the Oregon and Southwest Washington community.
- Generate new leads and research new ways to sell tickets.
- Attend outside networking events to further brands and generate new leads.
- Establish and meet group sales objectives.
- Lead group sales meetings.
- Conceptualize and execute large-scale group sales programs (including authority to purchase group sales promotional merchandise, collaboration with marketing on creative aspects and create external beneficial relationships)
- Learn and become functional in Salesforce KORE CRM and SeatGeek (SRO) ticketing system
- Provide excellent customer service to all personal and sales staff accounts during the sales effort, as well as during the sales follow-through at the event.
- Make a required minimum of 60 outbound sales calls per day with the goal of maximizing all ticket revenue.
- Will have in-game duties during home events and games.
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships, which will produce sales throughout the year.
- Sell Annual Memberships.
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events for developing new prospects and referral opportunities during games and outside normal business hours.
- Other duties as determined by the Senior Vice President, Ticket Sales and Services or Director, Ticket Sales.
Positions Reporting: None
- 3 years sales experience preferred. Sports industry a plus
- Previous management experience preferred
- Outside sales experience in B2B
- High comfort level making cold calls
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of ticketing and CRM systems
- Has a competitive spirit
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years corporate sales experience preferred.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 10th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How did you hear about this job?