MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Head of Video Analysis focuses on the strategic level responsibilities of video analysis provision and manages the resources needed to deliver an elite level service whilst aligning the video analysis services across all teams and the scouting department that underpin the respective coaching and development philosophies. The overall aim of the role is to facilitate the creation and transfer of videos providing subjective and objective information with a view to winning soccer games, developing players, and assisting the clubs scouting process.
Applicants should have extensive experience in both the delivery and management aspects of Video Analysis within a First Team/Senior professional sports organization together with a high level of competency in industry specific software.
The role will require possession of a sports related University degree in Analysis, Video Production/Analysis, Sports Coaching/Science or equivalent as a minimum. Potential candidates should have a high level of professionalism, a drive to continuously develop themselves together with those around them and thrive within a hard-working, progressive, and ambitious environment.
Successful candidates will demonstrate flexibility, confidence, and the highest levels of discretion at all times, will have the ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively with various professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate and align the video analysis operations of the First Team and other teams within the club as assigned
- Focus on the strategic level responsibilities of video analysis provision and manage the resources needed to deliver an elite level service.
- Provide an aligned video analysis service across all teams that underpin the respective coaching and development philosophies.
- Deliver a service to all teams that facilitates subjective and objective information with a view to winning soccer games, developing players, and assisting the clubs scouting process.
- Assist the GM and TD in the management and creation of video delivered to the Timbers Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and Players.
- Oversee and aid the provision of video analysis services within the T2 and Academy, partially managing the video/content creation and working closely with all key stakeholders.
- Facilitate player and team development through the use of video, during pre, live and post-match intervention.
- Manage and oversee distribution of Hudl/SportsCode licenses to personnel within the First Team and T2.
- Manage and implement use of Hudl platform within First Team and T2, to use with players and coaches.
- Manage and implement use of Hudl platform with GM and TD so they will be able see tactical angle and our clips of every game to use in discussion with ongoing player evaluations.
- Research, monitor and appraise all possible external provision with a view to improving video analysis and coach understanding and delivery of information.
- Work with GM and TD to Implement video analysis in the Scouting Department. Utilizing SportsCode and Hudl platform to create player presentations of potential targets incorporating video and data.
- Integrate the use of applicable videos that will aid the understanding of player and team performance, and therefore development.
- Manage staff development and all aspects of video analysis-associated club strategy components (structure, budgets, providers, legal, infrastructure and IT).
- Provide cutting-edge, innovative ideas and solutions that will optimize the information handling and delivery to the GM, staff, coaches and players.
- Analyze and break down game film of opposition for First Team video scout presentation
- Analyze and break down all opposition Goals Scored, Goals Conceded, and Set Pieces
- Analyze and break down opposition film for small group video sessions
- Analyze and break down opposition film for individual video sessions
- Analyze and break down opponent player film, which is dispersed to all starting players days prior to the match
- Research Team, Player, Opponent Trends and Data utilizing provided databases for Coaching Staff
- Construct Opposition Profile Report dispersed to First Team coaching staff and GM at beginning of week before match
- Construct game day reports that are dispersed to the GM and Head Coach via WeTransfer or DropBox
- Live Capture of Game and Set Pieces for ability for instant playback during game, at Halftime, and immediately after match
- In communication with coaches on bench via radio
- Provide the GM with requested and suggested clips immediately after the game
- Analyze and break down game film of opposition for First Team video post-match presentation
- Analyze and break down player film for small group video sessions
- Analyze and break down player film and touches for individual video sessions
- Construct Post-Game Scouting Reports using Opta and Match Analysis Data
University level education in Analysis, Video Production, Sports Coaching or Sports Science or equivalent as a minimum.
USSF level coaching qualifications & Industry specific qualifications desirable
Highly proficient in the use of Mac hardware and software with in-depth skill using various analysis software/systems such as ‘SportsCode, Metrica’ and typical filming/capturing setups
The ability to collect, manage and present deep sets of applicable performance data is desirable together with experience in using various Data/video platforms such as ‘SportsCode, Metrica’, ‘WyScout’, ‘InStat’ ‘Spideo’ and handling of current AV/network infrastructures necessary in the use of video/data
Extensive knowledge of soccer
Demonstrable experience in both the delivery and management aspects of Video Analysis within a First Team/Senior professional sports organization (essential).
Passionate and driven working on the management and strategic side of Video Analysis provision.
Motivated by working as a key part of a well-established, progressive, and ambitious club.
Diligent, well-rounded, and innovative in ALL areas of video analysis
A broad understanding of soccer management and coaching and how video analysis can maximize those services, is essential
Experience with Elite level team and player learning and development essential -Technically, physically, and cognitively
A well-rounded approach to video analysis that caters for the future development in: video, data, hardware, software and multi-purpose systems essential.
An understanding of how video analysis can impact Sports Science, Psychological and Inter-personal development is desirable together with development differences and needs of elite level athletes from U15 to First team
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognize potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Collaborative approach – motivated to work for, and with, others
Independent, proactive and diligent
Motivated by the non-delivery aspects of analysis and service provision
Flexible with the ability to work with a wide range of professionals and personalities
Hard working, self-motivated and determined to deliver on task to the highest possible level
Open-minded, progressive and inclusive
Has humility and an eagerness to learn from others within and out with the club
Trustworthy with integrity; capable of being privy to extremely confidential information without disclosure
A commitment to driving continuous improvement personally and in the working environment.
Sound qualities including effective communication and diplomacy skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure.
There are no set working hours and the employee will be required to work such times and such periods as are necessary for the proper fulfilment of their duties according to the operational requirements of the department or demands of the business. This may include evening and weekend work and travel. This position is considered exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements. The Timbers organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.