Guest Attendant - Portland Timbers (Portland · OR)
Portland Timbers jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers.
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns are looking for friendly, out-going, engaging and enthusiastic individuals who want to be involved in the excitement of the phenomenon of professional soccer in “Soccer City USA!”
Guest Attendants act as the primary providers of Five-Star service as they greet and direct guests as they enter and attend stadium events. Guest Attendants assist with bar code ticket entry, usher guests to their seats, watch exit doors, work parking lots, bike parking, hospitality areas, and generally assist guests with answers to their questions and directions. While working at an assigned position, Guest Attendants personally engage in conversation with guests, making them feel comfortable and welcome in a friendly atmosphere. Guest Attendants are responsible for ensuring the safety of guests and that company procedures are being followed by guests to ensure a fan-friendly experience for all.
- Greet guests and scan guest tickets.
- Act as screen to ensure contraband items do not enter the building.
- Distribute hand-outs at ingress, egress, and during the event as needed.
- Aid guests in finding their seats in the seating bowl.
- Direct guests to services such as concessions, merchandise, ATM’s, and restrooms.
- Must be able to use proper judgment and make guest-friendly decisions with little supervision.
- Constantly monitor guest seating area to ensure safety regulations are being kept and that guest conduct is in compliance with acceptable norms.
- Document all guest related incidents.
- Perform crowd control functions during events as needed.
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team.
- Assist special needs guest with entering and exiting the building, and perform wheelchair escorts.
- Monitor parking lot and bike parking areas.
- Duties are performed outside under varying weather and temperature conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Guest Attendants work all Timbers and Thorns soccer matches and the opportunity to work special events as needed at the stadium.
- Equipment used will consist of:
- Bar Code Scanner
- Radio Equipment
- Experience in customer service helpful. Outgoing and friendly personality required. Ability to work independently and remain flexible a must.
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English. Spanish is a plus.
- Must meet company-grooming and appearance standards.
- Must be able to complete written incident reports clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Licensing: OLCC Alcohol Education class (OLCC card, optional) offered, not required.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 11th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2021. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.