- Responsible for the coaching and management of the Clubs goalkeepers in alignment with the Thorns training methodology.
- To prepare the goalkeepers for consistent league leading performances.
- To develop and deliver a year-round training plan for the goalkeepers that develops and maintains the technical, tactical, physical and mental demands of a modern-day goalkeeper.
- Consistent review the goalkeepers’ performances and share this feedback with the Head coach.
- Own the management of goalkeeping recruitment and scouting for possible future Thorns goalkeepers (youth, college draft and professional).
- Enhance and strengthen defending set plays.
- This position would report directly to the General Manager and Head Coach.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze opposition match footage to provide detailed scouting feedback as it relates to the goalkeepers and their preparation for the game.
- Analyze opposition penalty kicks to provide detailed scouting feedback to goalkeepers.
- Analyze match footage and provide detailed game review report, including relevant statical data and video to be delivered to goalkeeper in a game review meeting.
- Develop a year-round training plan in line with Thorns training methodology to develop and maintain the 4 corners (technical, tactical, physical and mental) of all Thorns goalkeepers.
- Design and deliver training sessions for goalkeepers in line with performances demands, yearly plan and Thorns training methodology.
- Assess and analyze goalkeeper development through training and match footage to create individual performance plans.
- Continually maintain individual performance databases for use in tracking and monitoring goalkeeper performances vs. positional benchmarks/KPI’s.
- Develop positional benchmarks/KPI’s and positional profile for the goalkeepers in line with head coach.
- Continually track and monitor possible future Thorns goalkeepers through recruitment databases and monitoring systems.
- Contribute to the creation and development of our set play game model (defending).
- Collaborate with our High-Performance staff on the design and delivery of yearly, weekly plans and daily session designs.
- Collaborate with technical staff on session design, delivery and review.
- Conduct and supervisor game day goalkeeper warmups.
- Manage substitution cards on game days.
Skills & Experience required:
Experience working as a goalkeeper coach at professional or international level preferred.
Experience coaching unit specific sessions (back line, set plays).
High levels of competency in designing and delivering meetings in a team setting.
High levels of competency in using video analysis software and methods such as but not limited to Sportscode, Hudl, Wyscout, Statsbomb, Tactic.
Video editing skills.
High levels of competency in using Keynote, PowerPoint and other office software’s.
Strong understanding of defending set plays.
Strong ability to work in high pressured environments independently and in a team setting.
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Strong ownership of time management. Punctuality for all meetings and scheduled reporting times.
Highly creative and open minded.
Proactive and driven to succeed.
Create and maintain a high-performance and winning culture in line with team values.
Create optimal conditions for team performance that encourages engagement from all players and staff.
Dedicated to the role and the extra hours needed outside of standard working days.
Goalkeeper specific coaching qualifications (B license or above).
B license coaching certificate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.