Game Day and Street Team Promotions Staff - Peregrine Sports (Portland · OR)
Peregrine Sports Jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
As a member of the Game Day and Street Team Promotions Staff with the Portland Timbers and Thorns, you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2022 MLS and NWSL Season. This role is open to those who are looking for part-time, seasonal, gameday-specific work.
- Assist with game day operations for each match: set up all necessary spaces for pre-game groups, sort and distribute all uniforms for pre-game groups, coordinate on-field flag displays, etc.
- Coordinate the movement of pre-game groups: escort to/from stadium entry points and field as necessary
- Execute and assist with on-field promotions during games and other activations around the stadium such as halftime shows, live shots, and post-game ceremonies
- Assist with other events outside of the stadium/game days including Pub Parties and Street Team events, media day, and other events
- Assist with match ball distribution and retrieval during games
- Education or experience in marketing, communications, sport management, or event production/promotions is a plus
- Flexible schedule during the MLS and NWSL season with availability to work weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays: must be able to work 75% of all Timbers and Thorns home matches
- Self-starter that can be given a task and will take ownership for the successful execution on it
- Is detail-oriented, good at communicating, and can work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain professional and respectful in the professional sports setting
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of soccer, the MLS, and the NWSL is a plus
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their eleventh season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2022. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 25,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS.
The Portland Thorns will celebrate their 10th season in 2022. A founding team of the NWSL, the Thorns have won the NWSL Championship twice (2013, 2017) the NWSL Shield twice (2016, 2021) the NWSL Community Shield (2020), the NWSL Challenge Cup (2021) and the WICC Tournament (2021).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary?
Are you local to the Portland, Oregon area?