Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Events & Promotions Coordinator (Part-Time) with Portland Timbers in Portland · OR
- Create comprehensive production schedules and event timelines for every home match.
- Coordinate booking of anthem singers, color guards, and all other applicable external entertainment entities.
- Assist with all match presentation elements and promotions for every home match.
- Assist the Events & Promotions team with creating and/or reviewing event documents when needed: event previews, activation maps, and scripts.
- Develop and program existing fan experience elements (autograph sessions, promotions, etc.).
- Assist with the management of all video board message requests.
- Assist with scheduling game day staff for all home matches.
- Assist with the management of our Pub Program: communicate with Pub Partners and coordinate logistics of each party.
- Assist with the management of our Street Team: schedule Street Team staff and correspond with external vendors
- Generate new initiatives to increase brand awareness and fan engagement at home games and external events.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment
- Considerable knowledge of soccer, specifically the NWSL and MLS
- Strong and decisive decision-maker
- Adaptable and able to make changes quickly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to effectively develop, communicate, and present to key decision makers
- General operational knowledge of control room equipment (e.g. Broadcast Pix & Click Effects)
- Proficiency in Shoflo preferred
- Bachelors or four-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience working in similar field or position
- Experience working in sports organization or agency preferred
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their 10th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2020. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
Do you have experience in event production/promotions or game presentation? If so, please briefly explain.
Describe a time when you had to problem solve. What was the situation and outcome?
Briefly explain how you stay organized and keep track of details.
In less than 100 words, please explain why you would be a good fit for this position.
In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and experience as it relates to this position.