Director of Video Content - Portland Timbers & Thorns (Portland · OR)
Portland Timbers & Thorns jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns are currently looking for a leader with a passion for soccer and the ability to produce story-driven video content. The ideal candidate is a creator who can do it all: producer, director, videographer, editor. This is an opportunity to craft dynamic visual content and take a leadership role in telling the story of two of the top professional soccer teams in North America.
The Director of Video Content will work with the internal production team to develop and produce content for all Timbers and Thorns platforms, and in support of various internal initiatives. Projects will greatly vary in nature, with touch points to every department in the organization (sponsorship, marketing, communications, community engagement, team technical staff).
Both the Timbers and Thorns are authentic and iconic brands in the soccer landscape. So people with a passion for soccer are highly encouraged to apply.
When submitting resume, please include link to your professional reel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day video operations for Timbers and Thorns
- Manage production schedule and work with internal departments in meeting various project deadlines
- Operate both ENG and digital cine cameras to capture events, green screens, interviews, game footage, etc.
- Collaborate with members of content and creative teams to produce superior content
- Work with broadcast and marketing teams to concept, script, and produce unique video features consistent with Timbers and Thorns brands
- Work with editorial and communications staff to craft coverage plans for games, community appearances, sponsor events, etc.
- Take the lead in organization and management of media storage
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Be a soccer fan
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of digital cine and DSLR cameras and lenses
- Experience shooting and editing for a professional or major college sports team or league
- Experience producing long-form series/programming
- Ability to conduct interviews
- Ability to manage changing priorities, deadlines and internal department needs
- Proficiency with Adobe Cloud suite, including Premiere and After Effects
- Ability to build motion graphics and compelling graphical assets
- Expert knowledge of situational lighting (interviews, green screens, etc.)
- Minimum five years professional experience shooting and editing
- Demonstrated ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to consistently work events and games on nights and weekends
- Ability to travel on team road trips
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree or other formal training focused on Video Production/Film/Journalism
- Extensive knowledge of the game of soccer
- At least 5 years of related experience