Director of Events and Promotions - Portland Timbers (Portland · OR)
Portland Timbers jobs
Sports Jobs in Portland · OR
Event Management: Event Promotions
As the Director of Events and Promotions you will manage and oversee in-match entertainment/programming, promotional and select media/grass roots marketing initiatives, and special event development and production, for all team properties (Timbers and Thorns).
This position will be required to be present at all Timbers and Thorns matches, and select Providence Park events as scheduled. This position reports directly to the SVP, Business Operations and Marketing.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities:
- Develop annual promotions schedules.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the Timbers and Thorns day-of-match show, including but not limited to:
- Integration of all applicable audio/video production elements
- Developing the creative vision for all aspects of match presentation
- Create and implement the annual Promotions & Game Presentation plan.
- Liaise with venue engineer to QA all applicable A/V and related stadium technology in applicable game presentation areas , own short and long-term technology integration plans
- Develop ancillary promotional strategies to support the annual team(s) marketing plans.
- Oversee the Timbers and Thorns street team and grass roots initiatives.
- Track and manage the Promotions Department budget on an ongoing basis.
- Help drive organizational grass marketing efforts and programming.
- Oversee Game Presentation for all teams and relevant staffing responsibilities, including management and ongoing training, as applicable.
- Work with Corporate Partnership team to fulfill all sponsorship elements relevant to Promotions & Entertainment.
- Assist the Ticket Sales Department with all ticket-related promotional activities.
- Manage and oversee external club-focused events.
- Manage two full-time direct reports and up to 30 part-time match day staff.
- Oversee the Timbers and Thorns pub programs.
- Oversee the hiring, training and management of all Promotions interns and part-time staff.
- Events and Promotions Coordinator, Production Manager, Timbers Mascot (shared)
- Up to 30 part-time game-day staff
- A deep knowledge of traditional control room technologies, programs and tools
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong prioritization skills, in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable and able to make changes quickly and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment.
- Business degree (B.A) or equivalent from a four-year college. (preferred but not required)
- Minimum of three years of experience working or preferably managing PR, event planning or marketing in a related field or position.
The Portland Timbers enter their 11th season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2021. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 160 games entering the 2020 season.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.