Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Account Executive, Ticket Sales with Portland Timbers in Portland, OR
The Portland Timbers are looking for a highly self-motivated Account Executive to join our Ticket Sales team. The ideal candidate is a self- starter, diligent with details, has a strong work ethic and is driven by meeting and exceeding aggressive sales objectives. We are looking for someone who is a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. If you have a competitive nature and are not afraid of cold calls, this could be the job for you! The Account Executive, Ticket Sales position will report directly to the Director of Ticket Sales.
- Be responsible for sales for all of our team’s inventory, including:
- Full Season Tickets
- Partial Season Plans
- Group Ticket Packages
- Corporate Hospitality
- Team Events
- Generating sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting.
- Be an ambassador for all of our team’s brands throughout the Oregon and Southwest Washington community.
- Work with the sales staff to generate new leads and research new ways to sell tickets.
- Attend outside networking events to further all of our team’s brands and generate new leads.
- Meet and exceed established sales objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Learn and become functional in Salesforce CRM and SeatGeek (SRO) ticketing system
- Provide excellent customer service to all personal and sales staff accounts during the sales effort, as well as during the sales follow-through at the event.
- Make a required minimum of 60 outbound sales calls per day with the goal of maximizing all ticket revenue for all of our team’s tickets.
- Will have in-game duties during all of our team’s events and games.
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships, which will produce sales throughout the year.
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events for developing new prospects and referral opportunities during games and outside normal business hours.
- Other duties as determined by the Vice President, Ticket Sales and Services or Director, Ticket Sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 1-3 years corporate sales experience preferred. Sports industry a plus.
- Outside sales experience in B2B
- High comfort level making cold calls
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of SeatGeek (SRO) and Salesforce systems
- Has a competitive spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation: Structure: Base salary plus draw against commission and bonuses.
About Us: The Portland Timbers entered their ninth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2019. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an iconic downtown Portland stadium reopened for the 2019 season following a sparkling, $85 million transformation that increased capacity to 25,218. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015 and advanced to a second MLS Cup in 2018, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of more than 140 games entering the 2019 season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have at least one year of sales experience?
Describe two of your strengths
Describe a weakness of yours
Please describe an example of sales success you've had
Do you love to win or hate to lose?
Why do you want to work in ticket sales?