Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Technical Director, Union Youth with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Player Operations: Technical Director- Any Sport
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This senior youth leadership position will report directly to the Union Youth General Manager and will be responsible for heading the youth open enrollment programs, work closely with club affiliates, direct and manage the staffing needs for all active and upcoming Union Youth programs such as camps, clinics and club training. A pivotal part of this role will be program growth and recruiting and developing coaches to provide consistency throughout the Union youth program.
In conjunction with the Youth General Manager the Union Youth Technical Director will co-design a Technical Development Plan (TDP) and construct a multi-tiered youth training curriculum that specifically details age and skill level specific development activities. Core to the role is the ongoing positive promotion of the Philadelphia Union through soccer organizations and communities.
- Actively promote the Union Youth programs supported by the technical vision and underlying desire to develop the Union fan base and create lifelong Union fans
- Act as spokesperson for the Youth programs on club-level technical development matters, including external liaisons with clubs, governing bodies and leagues
- Recruit, develop and directly manage the performances of the coaching staff
- Advise, educate and provide development opportunities to the affiliate clubs
- Have familiarity and close relationships with EPYSA, NJYSA, DYSA, US Soccer and other governing bodies to develop optimal player development pathway for the players who participate in the Union Youth Programs
- Establish and manage partnerships with university, colleges, facilities and youth soccer organizations to drive the progression of the Union Youth programs
Technical Program Development (TDP)
- Drive the Union Youth principles into affiliate programs including an enhanced training component for all levels.
- Build on existing development programs and create a full calendar of Union Youth programs in various regions associated with the Philadelphia Union catchment area.
- Participate in establishing a network of camps at various venues and areas throughout the region.
- Provide the General Manager with weekly reports on all active programs, staff and upcoming events.
- Oversee programs and the collection of data needed for evaluation of the Union Youth programs.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the General Manager through the evolution of the program.
- National A Coaching License or domestic / international equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Sports Management, Sports Administration or related
- Have own transportation
- A proven track record in the development of youth soccer programs at grassroots level, with recognized accreditation and experience in youth and mini coaching
- Experience with coaching both male and female soccer and the design of associated technical programs
- Knowledge of players from Grassroots to High School age with relevant development systems and how they differ based on the age and performance level
- Experience directly managing, mentoring and motivating coaching personnel
- A passion for educating the developing of coaches, players and clubs at all levels
- An understanding of youth soccer competition structure and how it relates to optimal player development
- Experience managing budgets and associated cost management and reporting
- An ability to think and plan strategically, and effectively link technical planning with broader program goals and strategic intent
- Strong communications skills and an ability to convey the Union Youth vision to potential club affiliates
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated multi-functional management team
- A strong understanding and ability to use effectively:
- Microsoft Suite
- Social media platforms
- Registration systems
- Understand that this position requires long hours, weekend events and both office and on field activity
If selected for employment with the Philadelphia Union, the candidate will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?