Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Senior Manager, Marketing with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for driving fully integrated marketing programs across Advertising, Digital, Public Relations, Game Presentation, Video and Design. As the lead, this individual will manage project plans from kick-off through execution via creative excellence, detailed timeline management and flawless cross-functional communication.
- Detailed management of over 30 marketing programs per year
- Weekly reporting recaps regarding status, challenges, next steps
- Consistent cross functional communication
- Budget management specific to out of home, radio, print and television
- Creative trafficking for all advertising assets
- Direct relationship and negotiation with vendors
- Outside of stadium events including Kit Launch Parties, Away Game Viewing Parties, “Other Soccer” events, eSports tournaments
- Supervision of events marketing staff who execute over 200 events per year
- Management of multiple local eSports events per year
- Managing of eSports player roster and attendance at eMLS events
- Influencer/celebrity relationship building and management that ultimately lead to game day appearances, content collaborations and special projects in arts, music and retail
- Manage overall strategy of Union’s Mascot, Phang
- Tactically manage appearances, content strategy and PR
- Responsible for Single Game ticket campaigns including overall project management and execution on digital, advertising, CRM, etc.
- Supervision of employees responsible for setup, activation and take down of “Plaza” activities
- Assistant producer of “gameday show” with direct responsibility for stadium PA announcer
- Direct management of two full-time employees including a Grassroots/Event Manager and Multi-Cultural Marketing Manager
- 2-4 years Marketing experience at a professional sports team or at a relevant “lifestyle brand” catering to 18-34-year-old consumers
- People management experience strongly preferred
- Proof of being extremely detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple, overlapping complex project plans across departments, hundreds of department-specific deliverables
- Creatively curious with an eye for design and social trends
- Infectious, positive personality who influencers/celebrities will embrace
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site cafe, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?