Senior Director, Corporate Sales - Philadelphia Union (Chester · PA)
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened what is now Subaru Park in June, 2010. Subaru Park is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Senior Director, Corporate Sales is primarily responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through the sale of diverse sponsorship packages of Philadelphia Union assets. The Senior Director, Corporate Sales will sell fully integrated marketing, media and promotional programs that include marketing rights, on premise signage, game sponsorships, promotions, event marketing and digital assets.
- Prospect and close new corporate and media partnerships.
- Establish strong working relationships with local, regional and national companies to understand individual marketing goals and business initiatives.
- Identify prospects in key open and new categories as prospective new business leads.
- Partner with multiple departments to create custom activation programs through existing and new Philadelphia Union assets to address prospects marketing goals and business initiatives while extending internal company objectives.
- Develop unique and individualized proposals and sales presentations for specific new business prospects.
- Negotiate sponsor contracts pending final approval by the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Coordinate with Partnership Marketing team to renew and grow existing corporate and media partnerships through continued outstanding service while upselling additional assets into current partnership agreements.
- Work closely with all members of the Philadelphia Union to achieve property goals while meeting personal sales and account management objectives.
- Work game days, weekends, and special events to entertain existing partners and new business prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years of extensive and integrated sales experience with demonstrated success in the media, sport sponsorship or entertainment fields in selling six to seven figure deals.
- Thorough understanding and adherence to league commercial guidelines when building partnership deal structures.
- Outstanding communication skills for interactions with clients, operational leaders and other senior executives.
- Strong negotiation, project management and problem-solving skills; flexibility, adaptability and self-starter.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and keep time sensitive, highly visible projects running smoothly.
- Demonstrate professional sales presentation skills with strong proficiency in MS Office.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site café, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your salary expectations for this role?