ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened what is now Subaru Park in June, 2010. Subaru Park is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Philadelphia Union Youth is a premier training program that provides year around clinics, camps and affiliate training. This part-time staff coach position will report directly to the Union Youth Director and provide supplemental training programs including goalkeeper coaching for programs such as camps, clinics and club training. A pivotal part of this role will be to deliver the Union Youth methodology through organized training sessions.
In conjunction with the Union Youth Director, this individual will assist and provide input into the Union Youth Developmental Curriculum. Core to the role is the ongoing positive promotion of the Philadelphia Union through soccer organizations and communities.
The Union Youth Training Programs are currently looking to add new and experienced coaches to our staff. Positions are available within the following areas:
- Part Time Coaches - Up to 29 hours per week 12-month
- Seasonal Coaches (Summer / Winter Camps & Clinics)
- Junior Coaches - (Current Soccer Players Ages 18 & Older)
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner as a representative of the Philadelphia Union.
- Lead and/or assist trainings within the greater Philadelphia area 1 to 5 times a week, depending on availability and willingness to work. With the exceptions of summer camps and holiday clinics, goalkeeper trainings typically occur within the timeframe of 5-9 pm on weeknights.
- Advise, educate and provide development opportunities to the affiliate clubs.
- Provide the Youth Director with weekly reports on programs directly involved in.
- Oversee onsite programs and manage youth programs.
- On-field and Goalkeeper experience - playing and/or coaching.
- Coaching license and/or goalkeeper license - preferred, but not required if candidate shows proficiency in the additional areas below.
- A passion for coaching and developing grassroots level players.
- Strong communications skills and ability to educate.
- Have own transportation.
- Willingness to attend coaching education, learn directly from the Youth Director, and have a growth mindset.
- An ability to think and plan strategically, as well as the ability to adjust on the fly and be autonomous in training sessions.
- A team player, with an ability to operate as part of an integrated multi-functional management team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This position requires the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
- Safesport Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.