ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened what is now Subaru Park in June, 2010. Subaru Park is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
The club has reached the finals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2014, 2015 and 2018, and has appeared in the MLS Cup Playoffs in 2011, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, securing their first showing in the CONCACAF Champions League in 2021. In 2020, the Union were awarded the club’s first Supporters’ Shield after finishing with the best regular season record in MLS. The club hosted the Eastern Conference Final in 2021 and were named the Eastern Conference Champions in 2022. The Philadelphia Union have once again clinched a berth in the 2023 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League. The 2022 season finished at the MLS Cup against LAFC, in one of the most intense matches in League history!
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Video Production Coordinator will be responsible for shooting and editing of original content for the in-stadium video presentation, broadcast, and marketing promotion. A successful candidate will have excellent storytelling skills and experience throughout a variety of areas including pre-production, cinematography, post-production (editing, color grading, audio, etc.), and more.
- Assist in the execution of the video production control room for all events at Subaru Park.
- Write, produce and edit original high volumes of video content under tight deadlines.
- Capture footage and edit content from gameday, training sessions, press conferences, marketing and community relations’ initiatives.
- Plan, film, and edit feature length content promoting all aspects of the club for use on broadcast pregame shows and videoboard.
- Shoot and edit short form video for social media.
- Travel to select road matches as a lone shooter and editor to capture gameday content.
- Log footage and maintain video archive for future accessibility.
- Stream live programming of press conferences, pre-season matches, special events, and pre produced content.
- Work closely with other departments (marketing, sponsorship, communications, etc.) to fulfill video needs.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience with a professional sports team is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere preferred).
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Audition.
- Experience with DSLR and Cinema-style cameras.
- Lighting and set design is a plus.
- Experience working in a control room setting is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Be creative, innovative, and original.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in groups is a must.
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required.
- Comprehensive benefits package including three medical options, vision and dental coverage, including flexible spending & health savings accounts.
- Pre-tax and Roth 401k (up to 4% is matched, after 90 days of service).
- Company-paid life insurance and disability.
- 9 paid holidays and 20 PTO days annually.
- Wellness reimbursements including Headspace meditation app.
- Hybrid office schedule to allow remote work on Mondays and Fridays.
- Summer Friday hours.
- 50% merchandise discount.
- Other league and partner discounts.
- Complimentary or discounted tickets.
- 24/7 state-of-the-art Fitness Center and locker rooms.
- On-site Café with grab-and-go options, salad bar, and grill!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.